Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!
B15
Neophyte
Member # 108281

Icon 9 posted      Profile for B15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I messed up about 3 weeks ago. My boyfriend fingered me, but i don't know if any ejaculation was on his finger. I have been freaking out so badly. I have been scared to death. I feel like this is the end of the world. I have never been so scared in my life I am so young. I don't know why I let it happen. I had what I thought was a period. It came three days before my expected period. I don't know if it was a period or decidual bleeding. I took like 8 pregnancy tests, and they have all been negative. I know it is a lot, but I can't shake the feeling. I have the strangest feeling in my stomach like a feeling of fullness or twitching. I have never experienced it before. I have also had nausea, headaches, and indigestion. I don't know what is wrong please help me!

--------------------
littlebrooke

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, littlebrooke.

I am sorry to hear that you're so scared!

You are clearly not pregnant, so to start with, let's take a look at why you did not have a risk to begin with:Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

Hopefully, once you know how a pregnancy DOES happen, you'll understand better why there was no risk in your case.

And just to clear that up for you: implantation bleeding is very, very rare. And it the cases where it does happen, it looks nothing like a period. It's very light spotting, and it won't last longer than a day or two. So if the bleeding you had looked anything like your period, you can be pretty sure that that's what it was.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B15
Neophyte
Member # 108281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thankyou for your reply. I guess I have been paranoid lately. I feel like the things have gotten worse. I feel like my stomach is more bloated, and I have been having nausea. Do you think I am experiencing that false pregnancy thing? I have been reading about that and it pretty much fits what I have been experiencing.

--------------------
littlebrooke

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure what you mean by 'false pregnancy thing'. If you have been experiencing nausea for a few days and you do not know the reason, it is a good idea to discuss that with a doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B15
Neophyte
Member # 108281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok and what I meant by that was when I was reading I saw that girls could create symptoms because of stressing about it too much. Do you think that could be real in my case?

--------------------
littlebrooke

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no way we can know why you're feeling the physical symptoms you're experiencing right now; stress in general can cause nausea and other digestive upsets, but we can't diagnose any of that through a computer. If your nausea continues or gets worse, it's probably a good idea to talk to a doctor about it.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B15
Neophyte
Member # 108281

Ok thankyou I have another question. Do you know how long sperm lives out in open air? I have heard so many different things and I don't know what to believe.

--------------------
littlebrooke

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This article about sperm cells might be helpful: Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?
Keep in mind that the realities of how pregnancy happen remain the same; if a little bit of ejaculate is on someone's hand and they then touch someone else's vagina, whether it was ejaculated five or fifty minutes ago it won't change the pregnancy risk.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.