Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Period symptoms, no blood.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period symptoms, no blood.
amg2012
Neophyte
Member # 95726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amg2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appologize for being gross. My girlfriend recently thought she was getting her period and had all the normal symptoms, but noticed there was never any actual blood. We haven't had any sexual contact since a week or more before her last period and it was normal. So now a month later she skips this period. She is on nuvaring, but her periods are usually regular. She has been under some stress lately. Thanks in advance.
Posts: 30 | From: CO | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So she hasn't had any trouble with her ring, it's been used as directed and hasn't been out for any extended period of time?

Has she taken a look at this article that lists some potential causes for late or missed periods: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amg2012
Neophyte
Member # 95726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amg2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes and yes, it has been used as directed. I guess we thought it was odd that her period has been so regular and now its mia. I think she may have missed one in the past 2 years. Could stress be the cause? Thanks again.
Posts: 30 | From: CO | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amg2012
Neophyte
Member # 95726

Correct me if I Am wrong... If our last sexual encounter happened over a month ago, then she had a normal period, and then we didn't have any sexual encounters this cycle, it's safe to say there probably is no pregnancy chance? Basically what I'm reading from other posts is a period means no pregnancy, so if she had a period after our last sexual encounter and skipped the next period, it's probably stress or the nuvaring just throwing it off.. Is that right ? Thank you
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it would be unlikely for her to be pregnant.

If she is still feeling unsure, she has the option of taking a pregnancy test for a definitive answer.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amg2012
Neophyte
Member # 95726

Thanks Robin. She took a pregnancy test Wednesday afternoon, and another one first thing in the morning Thursday. Both came negative .. Can I trust it, since its been over a month since our last sexual encounter? Thanks
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.