Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » STI and STD Test?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STI and STD Test?
JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackSnoopy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
First of all sorry for my bad English

So here's the story
Friend of mine did blowjob to me on July/August 2011 and I did insert my penis to her vagina ONCE or TWICE with condom (but im not sure at that time its perfectly wore or not) and that time my penis is not fully "erection" because I've too much worry at that time.

Sept/Oct 2012
- HIV Test NEGATIVE
- Sifilis (VDRL test) was POSITVE but the "Titer" was low and doctor said the result was negative on Sifilis

April 2013
- Retested HIV , the result was NEGATIVE

July 2013
- Urine test result was :
Erytrocit - Negative
Leucocyt - Positive (4-5)plb
Ephytel Cel - Positive (2-3) plb
Cast Leucocyt - Negative
Kristal - Negative
Bacteri - Negative
Cel ragi - Negative

Now I'm in love with my girlfriend and afraid that i might have hidden STI or STD.

Do I have to retest or get tested any STI or STD ?

Thanks and sorry for my English, im pretty scared right now

[ 08-08-2013, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: JackSnoopy ]

Posts: 14 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi JackSnoopy,

have you had any sexual contact with anyone in the last two years?

do you know if your girlfriend has also gotten STI testing?

here's some information about safer sex, which includes information about testing.

Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JackSnoopy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply

In last 2 years, my ex gave my blowjob but im sure she is clean and not having any sti or std because she never had any relationship with someone

My girlfriend is pure too and she never in relationship with anyone. And i know her well.
Me and my gf never do anything. Just kissing, manual sex and dry humping. She have blowjob me once

So im afraid now my gf or me get any std or sti from my past activities
What you think from my previous test ?
Do i need hiv retest or any kind of test ?
I never have any weird syntomp for this two years

Posts: 14 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

In the last 2 years i never had any sexual contact (just a blowjob from one ex)and once with my current girlfriend.

I have called my local screening lab. They offer a full screening test for about 190$ (HIV test also included).
Should i take that test? what do you think?

And I have another question
If I have an chlamydia or any STI/STD and I fingered my gf, will my gf will be infected ?

I'm confused by this

"MANUAL SEX
Engaging a partner's genitals with the hands or fingers; "fingering," or "handjobs".
Level of STI risk: Low risk
Infections at possible risk of: HPV, genital warts, chlamydia, herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and/or 2, syphilis
Level of pregnancy risk: No risk "

So if i fingered her and i have HPV, genital warts, chlamydia, herpes simplex virus (HSV) 1 and/or 2, or syphilis, she may get infected from me ?

[ 08-08-2013, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: JackSnoopy ]

JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Anyone pleasee [Frown]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JackSnoopy,

I'm so sorry this message was overlooked.

In terms of manual sex (fingering or other sexual contact between hands and genitals), the risk of transmission comes if the person doing the fingering had one of the STIs listed, touched their own genitals, then touched their partner's genitals without washing their hands.

Unless you have done other things that would put you at risk of contracting HIV (namely, sharing needles with someone) you wouldn't need another STI test from what you've said.

Do you have a healthcare provider with whom you could discuss your history, look over your current tests, and decide together if you need to have more tests done?

Also, has your girlfriend had a screening for STIs?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Thanks Robin, i read somewhere that if there's a tiny cut on my finger (usually there's cut that small enough our eyes can't see) causing sti/std transmitted to the girl who is fingered. Is that true ?
If there's a small cut which we can't see, its just too risky right ? Because we can see nothing

So i dont need another test?

My gf never had a test. See never actually be in relationship with anyone. She never kissed a boy except me

JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

I plan to fingering my gf tonight
If i have any sti/std, and i fingered my gf (Washed my hands with soap and alcohol before fingering), can i give her sti/std ?

Should I wear latex glove ? Because she doesnt want me to use any glove

[ 08-10-2013, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: JackSnoopy ]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Washing your hands beforetouching someone's genitals is always a good idea, since the dirt and bacteria we have on our hands from daily use can irritate delicate genital tissues.

There'd be nothing wrong with using a glove either. using a glove can smooth things out, making sure that no sharp nails scratch delicate genital tissue.

How about you talk with your girlfriend and figure out what you're both comfortable doing. [Smile] Maybe you two can read the article about safer sex that I linked you to above together?

--------------------
Robin

JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Hi Robin Lee, nice to see your fast reply [Smile]
Thank you for always reply my thread !

So recently I've searched and i found this thread :

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/008879.html

=======================================
Good question... you're right that open wounds make you more susceptible to STDs. Fingering in itself, with clean, healthy hands, is on the safer side. If the person doing the fingering has a cut or open sore on their hand, and has been previously infected with an STD, the infection can be transmited that way. Problem is, these can be difficult to see.

Put that together with small, also nonvisible vaginal lacerations, and you have a problem.

STI (infection) and STD (disease) are generally interchangeable terms. "Disease" and "infection" have different overtones.

There are two types of herpes simplex virus - HSV 1 and 2. The Center for Disease Control has a decent explanation of the two. Basically, HSV-1 is most commonly exhibited in cold sores; it can cause genital herpes, but does so at a lower rate than HSV-2. That's why HSV-1 is generally not thought of as an STD. Still, it can function as one.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm

=======================================

I dont get this one

"If the person doing the fingering has a cut or open sore on their hand, and has been previously infected with an STD, the infection can be transmited that way. Problem is, these can be difficult to see. "

So how small it is the cut on my finger have to be to transmit sti ? Like microscopic ?
If I carefully see my finger and I dont see any open cut, and I've washed carefully my hand, is this means that my sti/std will not transmit to the girl who I fingered ?

I've read your given articles , very helpful !
I will use latex glove tonight , but however I'm just curious.

Oh and about the screening test I asked before
"Unless you have done other things that would put you at risk of contracting HIV (namely, sharing needles with someone) you wouldn't need another STI test from what you've said."

I think I dont have any of those risk you mentioned
So based on what i told you, i dont have to be tested on any of STI/STD test ?

Sorry for my confusing questions and my bad English, Robin. Thanks !!!

[ 08-10-2013, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: JackSnoopy ]

Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jack,

Thing here is that there is always some chance of STI transmission it just becomes very low and almost eradicated with latex barriers... a 'cut' would be something blood could pass through and so a microscopic abrasion wouldn't pose much more of a risk than unbroken skin, but there is always some sort of risk albeit very small.

The question isn't whether you 'should' take that risk or not, or whether you should test.

But whether you feel comfortable with it, comfortable that you have reduced that risk all you can, have communicated with your partner and both of you feel ok about the precautions you have chosen.

This is a choice for you to make and so unfortunately we can't tell you that you need to do anything extra. This is about you.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Hi, i fingered my gf today using very sterile surgical gloves. But there are like powders covering on the gloves, is this okay ?

On the cover of gloves, it says
"Slightly Powdered
Caution: After donning, remove powder by wiping gloves throughly with a sterile wet spong. Sterile wet lowel or other effective method."

I dont know what does that mean. I just use those gloves and inserted in her vagina, is that okay ?
My gf's vagina is also red and "poignant" (I translated that word on google , idk if its correct or not) after i fingered her

JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Oh godd i searched about surgical gloves powder on internet and it should be removed first before doing any activities !! Ohhh im so scared right now !! Please someone helpp

[ 08-11-2013, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: JackSnoopy ]

Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack, it's fine. The powder, after all it is sterile, may be a bit uncomfortable to your girlfriend's body, and it might be better to wash off that powder to avoid dryness, but it's not going to cause any disasters. There's no need to panic.

Redness is also going to happen when we masturbate, or stimulate someone else's body.

I'm concerned that you are so worried about this that you and your girlfriend wouldn't be enjoying any of this. Do you really want to be engaging in activities that are so triggering for you?

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackSnoopy
Neophyte
Member # 107894

Yes maybe ill stay away from these activities

Now my gf's vagina has brown/yellow liquid she said

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.