Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sperm through clothes...please help I'm paranoid!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sperm through clothes...please help I'm paranoid!!!!
Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Eden oscar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok hi! I'm new to the forum... Please reply soon!!! This topic probably has bored u to tears by now...however despite reading most of the forums related to this...I'm still paranoid...i think it would be best to talk to someone directly rather than relate to someone else. Ok so I've been reading some of the forums regarding this topic...but many of then are talking about thick materials like denim...most sites i visit either agree with you regarding sperm going through clothes and others say they do not go through... Ok so heres my situation/question?
1. Making out...which lead to dry humping...when i went to the bathroom i noticed that my pyjamas were wet... I did ejaculate however i have gotten used to stopping my cum by squeezing my penis...anyway im nt sure if the cum went on her or if it was precum. 2. Both of us were wearing clothes(no penetration whatsoever) however they were thin...i had boxers made of cotton and pyjamas made of cotton...she had pjs made of polyester and knickers made of cotton...they were not too thin...but standard...so all in all 4 layers of clothing... 3. Does this have a pregnancy risk? 4. Can the sperm still get through? 5.what materials can sperm not get through? 6.i have read most of your articles

--------------------
Edenoscar

Posts: 9 | From: Uk | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Eden oscar and welcome to Scarleteen,

When people are wearing clothing, pregnancy is just not something at all likely to happen. When people are wearing as much clothing as you're describing, no matter what the materials are, I feel pretty safe in saying that pregnancy just can't happen.

You're asking about whether sperm can get through clothing, or specific fabrics. The thing is, sperm can't do anything all by itself. Sperm needs semen, it needs that semen to be at a certain temperature, it needs that semen to have a certain viscocity (texture). Not only that, but in order to create a pregnancy, they need the specific chemistry of the vagina.

Sperm cells, all by themselves, really can't do anything.

You've said that you've read many of the articles. Have you seen this one about reproduction? Even if you have, I'd suggest taking another read to see all the things that are really needed for reproduction to happen.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eden oscar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Robin...but i still feel anxious...but ur response has calmed me down slightly...i have a few questions still... 1.in the article it says that a fertilised egg does not implant and pregnancy does not occur, could you please elaborate...2. Lets say some sperm did actually get into the vagina lets say rather than millions, a few thousand...they would die right? Because there is not enough semen to balance the PH?.And because most of them die en-route to the tubes? Could you also tell me the other ways in which sperm could die en route as in the article it says 200-600million sperm are ejaculated however only about 50 reach the ovum..Thank you for your quick reply before...

--------------------
Edenoscar

Posts: 9 | From: Uk | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eden oscar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Robin...but i still feel anxious...but ur response has calmed me down slightly...i have a few questions still... 1.in the article it says that a fertilised egg does not implant and pregnancy does not occur, could you please elaborate...2. Lets say some sperm did actually get into the vagina lets say rather than millions, a few thousand...they would die right? Because there is not enough semen to balance the PH?.And because most of them die en-route to the tubes? Could you also tell me the other ways in which sperm could die en route as in the article it says 200-600million sperm are ejaculated however only about 50 reach the ovum..Thank you for your quick reply before...

--------------------
Edenoscar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There,

Well, first of all, for semen and sperm to reach the vagina, they have to get there directly, either through genitals coming into contact with each other directly (bare, no clothes) or someone ejaculating directly onto a bare vulva.

When there is an ejaculation, into the vagina or onto the vulva, and the egg is present and does get fertilized by a sperm, that doesn't mmean that it will then lead to pregnancy. As you read in the article, the joined ovum and sperm then continue to divide into multiple cells, and to grow, and they move along the fallopian tube until they eventually end up in the uterus. however, this process could stop at any ppoint on its own and a pregnancy would not occur.

I'm not really sure what you're asking about regarding what would happen if thousands of sperm ended up in the vagina instead of millions.

In terms of why so many sperm die once they are ejaculated and make it into the vagina, many of them end up being too fragile to survive the vagina's environment, so they break and are no longer able to move with the rest of the sperm or they die outright.

Does this help at all?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

Yes thank you, so it is near impossible for her to get pregnant?

--------------------
Edenoscar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, it's just not at all likely, if not impossible, for someone to get pregnant through clothes.

Mind, if you're still not feeling secure, that might be a signal to you to take a break from this kind of activity. it's no fun doing something when you feel really worried about it afterwards.

--------------------
Robin

Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

Btw i was just wondering...lets say in hypothetical situaition...people have sex days before the girl has her period...her egg HAS been fertilised would she still have that period...or would she miss the next one?

--------------------
Edenoscar

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people won't be able to become pregnant just a couple days before a period, because they will have ovulated at least one week, and usually closer to two, before that time.

That's not everyone, some people, though it's rare, will sometimes ovulate more than once in a cycle and can very late, but honestly, it's so rare it's barely worth talking about.

If someone becomes pregnant in a given cycle, though, whatever the timing, they will miss the menstrual period upcoming, the one they would most likely have had had they not become pregnant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

So is it very likely that the person can become pregnant a week into their period? And thank you for your reply before! And could i just ask are all your staff and volunteers very experienced in these matters?

--------------------
Edenoscar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Eden Oscar,

A person can theoretically become pregnant at any point in their cycle, but yes, there are times when pregnancy is more or less likely. i'm going to give you a couple of articles that talk about the menstrual cycle and about fertility related to the menstrual cycle.

This article explains the different phases of the menstrual cycle:

On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation

This one talks more specifically about fertility and the menstrual cycle:

Get With the Flow: All About FAM

If you'd like to learn more about our staff and volunteers, you can find our bios by searching our main site at www.scarleteen.com

--------------------
Robin

Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

Thanks Robin!!!! Especially for easing my worry!

--------------------
Edenoscar

Eden oscar
Neophyte
Member # 108192

Oh and Heather!!!! That'll be all for now.

--------------------
Edenoscar

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.