Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Paranoid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranoid
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i think im just paranoid but i rather be safe than sorry.

Um i had oral sex with my bf, and we were careful to clean up but as we were walking to the bathroom his little woody was sticking out of his jeans and some of his ejaculate might have dripped on the carpet. My concern is that after this i took a shower and then changed into new underwear. What if my foot stepped on the spot that had ejaculate and doing so i put my underwear on, thus my foot sliding in and making contact with the underwear. I then masterbated with my underwear on after this :/

any chance of pregnancy? i just need an ease of mind. ive also read your articles, but in this situation wouldnt it be fluid sharing?

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Anne,

I see that you've had some concerns before about pregnancy risks and that we've given you some articles to read on this topic. I realize that you've read these articles already, and i'm unclear as to where you're having trouble evaluating your risk.

Could you go back and look through the conversations we've had with you previously and read through anything you were linked there to find your answer, please? It might help to look at the ways someone *can* get pregnant and figure out if those apply to the situation you're describing.

If you have questions after rereading that material with that in mind, come on back. [Smile]

[ 08-09-2013, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah ive read them over to see if i have any risks and i guess i dont?

Im just concerned because the semen might have been on the floor, and if i stepped on it and slipped my undies on.. couldnt some sperm get on the underwear from my foot? Plus i masterbated right after with it so thats my situtation. I just want answer describing this specifically :/

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plus i am also in my very fertile period. Im ovulating right now seeing as my mucus is getting more consistent, stretchy and clear and my basal body temperature is higher than usual.
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Can you just explain to me based on my situation why this is or isnt a pregnancy risk? :/

such as would the carpet have absorbed the liquid by the time i stepped on it?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In order for someone to have a pregnancy risk, there has to be sexual activity involved. What you're describing, what you're wondering about being a pregnancy risk, isn't a sexual activity.

Let's try this: In the material you've read, what have you read are activities that *can* lead to pregnancy?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Well rubbing naked genitals is one.
Another is vaginal intercourse.
And the other one is fluid sharing, which is a "high risk if sharing is genital and involves contact between semen and the vulva"

In my situtation if there was semen on the floor and it touched my foot and passed on to my underwear, wouldnt that be fluid sharing? If it got in contact with my vulva while masterbating?

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With that last part, the article is talking about direct contact only. So, a situation where someone ejaculates directly on your vulva.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

okay, which means that if there was anything on the carpet, it would have died by the time my foot stepped on it, so theres no pregnanacy risk? (:
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

As the articles you've read and the answers we've given you have made clear, you cannot get pregnant by stepping on semen. That's just not how pregnancy happens.

--------------------
Robin

Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

I understand that stepping on semen cant get a person pregnant, thats nonexsistant. But my foot was exposed to it, and then it brushed against my underwear before i put it on.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

See the response joey gave above regarding direct contact.

--------------------
Robin

Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

okay so only if its directly on the vagina. Got it, thanks (:

one last question though, how long can sperm live on a carpet? i understand that they can live until they dry up, which can take up to a few minutes or hours. But wouldnt the carpet absorb the fluid?

Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Anne... I'm not sure that's something we can tell you. It's a little hypothetical and in real life is going to vary and would be an estimation which is quite unlikely to help anyone.

It is about as useful as knowing how long sperm on the other side of the world in a fertility lab will survive as a judgement of whether or not it can impregnate you from all the way over there. It's really the wrong question to ask, it just ain't going to travel that distance and the same goes for the sperm on the carpet.

The scenario you talk about requires the sperm which you had already wiped away, none the less transfer between five surfaces. That would be incredible, unheard of. If pregnancy could happen that easily people trying to conceive a child would have a lot less to worry about. However in real life pregnancy is hard enough to cause with direct unprotected penis-in-vagina sex.

I strongly recommend taking a different line of questioning with yourself: "Why does this make me anxious?" "What can I do to help relax?" "Do I want to have sexual contact?"

I don't know how much you know about anxiety and paranoia but it may be helpful to know that reassurance checking can be very much a part of the problem and something we do for short term gratification but allows us to continue being anxious and paranoid. Have you thought about how you might target your paranoia itself?

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.