Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Precum + Direct Genital Contact

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum + Direct Genital Contact
mayurianonpatimel
Neophyte
Member # 108170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mayurianonpatimel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. My boyfriend and I were fooling around on July 25, a week after my period had just ended and I think I was ovulating. We have never had sex before. One thing led to another… we engaged in anal sex without a condom and I don’t know if his penis (he’s uncircumcised) slipped and touched my vagina or not. Then there was direct genital to genital contact for about 10 seconds, his penis touched my vagina, he was not hard so I don’t think there was precum, but in my head I keep thinking there was precum. If there was , for both situations, – I was wondering if there is a risk of pregnancy? I did not get the usual sticky discharge when I ovulate after the scenarios… I am so paranoid about this and I am so scared. I read on one of the message board answers that “The only way to have a pregnancy risk is if your partner ejaculated straight onto your vulva; or to have your bare vulva and your partner's bare penis touch.” and my bare vulva touched his bare penis…

Btw, he did not ejaculate before we did these things, he ejaculated later, when I had all my clothes on and it was not any where near my genital.
Please help, I am SCARED TO DEATH. I’m reading all these posts about precum and the chances if it’s direct genital to genital contact.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If and when people have unprotected direct genital intercourse of any kind, yes, there are risks of pregnancy and STIs.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

However, it sounds like he used withdrawal here, in that he did not ejaculate. That doesn't lessen the STI risks, but it does decrease the pregnancy risks.

Here's information on that, including by how much: Withdrawal

Since it's too late to condiser emergency contraception, all you can do at this point per pregnancy risks is wait this out, see if your period comes on time, and if not, test for pregnancy. Per STIs, you'll want to get tested in the next month or so.

And of course, moving forward, it sounds like the two of you need to have a talk about making sure that with any sex you engage in, you have agreements and plans about protecting yourselves, including condoms for anal sex.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mayurianonpatimel
Neophyte
Member # 108170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mayurianonpatimel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read Pregnancy Scared? about a 100 times and each time I get a different answer. We are not going to engage in any anal without a condom, we probably won't do it anymore. I get paranoid so easily.
I read one message board post where a girl had sex and was worried about precum but you guys said there was no risk or little risk.

I'm just worried because there was genital to genital contact even if it was for a few seconds... so in my case, would you say there is a risk? I'm concerned because his penis did touch my vagina even though it was for a short period of time, about a few seconds...

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mayurianonpatimel
Neophyte
Member # 108170

When I read Pregnancy Scared, I evaluated that there was no risk however reading it again, I felt that there is a risk because it was direct genital to genital contact... and then reading more message board replies, I got even more scared ... particularly after reading this answer, "If a person puts their penis on someone's vagina or vulva there is a risk of pregnancy whether they think there is pre ejaculate or not."
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't link you to that piece: were you able to read what I did give you links to?

There IS a risk of this, yes, as I already said. That kind of contact -- genital contact: your anus is part of your genitals -- as I said, poses those risks.

Using any method of contraception -- withdrawal included -- reduces that risk by whatever effectiveness that method has, and how well it was used.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mayurianonpatimel
Neophyte
Member # 108170

Yes, I did read the links you sent me. Thank-you. I am just so paranoid still because of the risks.
I read the Can I get pregnant or get sti and it was a high risk sexual activity: High risk sexual activities:
SEMEN OR VAGINAL FLUID SHARING
Tasting or ingesting pre-ejaculate, semen and/or vaginal fluids; direct genital or oral contact with fluids
Level of STI risk:
High risk SEMEN OR VAGINAL FLUID SHARING
Tasting or ingesting pre-ejaculate, semen and/or vaginal fluids; direct genital or oral: contact with fluids
Infections at possible risk of: chancroid, chlamydia, cytomegalovirus (CMV), gonorrhea, HSV type 1 and/or type 2, HIV, HPV, nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), hepatitis B virus (HBV), hepatitis A virus (HAV), hepatitis C virus (HCV)
Level of pregnancy risk: No risk if sharing is only oral, high risk if sharing is genital and involves contact between semen and the vulva

Heather
Member # 3

What you want to look at is the listing for anal sex, since that is the activity you engaged in.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

And here that is for you, from that page:

quote:
ANAL INTERCOURSE
Entering the anus or rectum with a penis or sex toy

Level of STI risk: High risk
Infections at possible risk of: chancroid, chlamydia, CMV, gonorrhea, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HSV-2, HIV, HPV, NGU, pubic lice, syphilis
Level of pregnancy risk: Low risk

If you also engaged in vulva-to-penis genital rubbing when not dressed, and without using a condom or any other method of contraception, then the listing for that is:

quote:
FROTTAGE OR TRIBBING (when people are NOT wearing any clothing)
Rubbing genitals directly together

Level of STI risk: Moderate to high risk (risks are much higher with the presence of body fluids, like ejaculate)
Infections at possible risk of: chancroid, chlamydia, cytomegalovirus, gonorrhea, HBV, HCV, HSV-2, HIV, HPV, NGU, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), pubic lice, syphilis, trichomoniasis
Level of pregnancy risk: Moderate risk (higher if one partner ejaculates unto the other's genitals)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

mayurianonpatimel
Neophyte
Member # 108170

But as you mentioned, if there was pre-cum the risks of pregnancy is low right?

If there wasn't precum but the genitals did touch, there is an even lower risk?

Heather
Member # 3

Again, there are risks of STIs and pregnancy.

The risks, as those sections make clear, of pregnancy from these things is anything from moderate to low, and, as that piece on withdrawal explained, using withdrawal very much reduces those risks. By anywhere from 73 - 82% in one year of typical use, and as much as 96% in one year of perfect use.

The STI risks of unprotected anal sex are high, and using withdrawal doesn't mitigate or reduce those.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

mayurianonpatimel
Neophyte
Member # 108170

Oh, so if for the forttage or tribbing: without ejaculation, just pre-cum or none at all - it's moderate risk already?
Heather
Member # 3

And once more, at this point, all you can do, save making different choices in the future, is, per pregnancy risks, to wait this out, see if your period comes on time, and if not, test for pregnancy. Per STIs, you'll want to get tested in the next month or so.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

Those listings do NOT account for the use of contraception: they are all listed, per level of risk, as a level of risk when contraception or safer sex is NOT used.

When any method has been, like withdrawal, per reducing the risks of pregnancy, you can look at the effectiveness rate for withdrawal to see how much risk is reduced.

But seriously, this is a thing you already did. It's done. You know moving forward unprotected sex or withdrawal only clearly isn't for you. That's what you can do with this moving forward.

But per what you have already engaged in, all you can do is what I've suggested twice now. I know it stinks to feel scared and have to wait these things out, but that truly is just the deal and all there is to do.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

mayurianonpatimel
Neophyte
Member # 108170

Okay, thank you so much Heather
Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing.

In the meantime, of course, you can also just give yourself some extra self-care, which tends to help when we're sitting with or going through something stressful.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.