Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » anxiety gone a bit far

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anxiety gone a bit far
Ellya1997
Neophyte
Member # 108167

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ellya1997         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you probably get these a lot and I firstly want to apologise for that but I trust your site and I just want some advice.

So for about 8 months or so I've been getting this phobia of getting pregnant, although I've never have sex or realistically anything that would get me pregnant. When I started to get this worry I just simply told my boyfriend I didn't want to have sex in the hope that this would set things clear for both of us. However I started to get worried about other things we did - touching, dry sex etc so then I wanted to cut that out for the meantime until all we had left was cuddling and kissing.

It has now gotten to a whole new level of craziness where he doesn't even have to be involved for me to worry! I worry myself literally sick with little irrational scenarios like what if that toilet paper had sperm on it? or the toilet seat? or this freaking bus seat? I now have a pregnancy freak out everyday, now I have to wash a toilet seat before I use it, wear 3 pairs of underwear or bring my own paper - even then I am reluctant. I don't what it is I absolutely hate it and I feel so stupid, I don't even think I have a boyfriend anymore and this is making my summer break pretty miserable.

I just wanted to add that this is an amazing site and I'm so grateful it exists. You've supported a of people. Thanks for reading this (sorry it's so long) and it'd be very thankful if I could get a reassuring reply.

--------------------
thanks,
Elly_Alexander

Posts: 2 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ellya, and welcome to Scarleteen.

I'm sorry to hear that your pregnancy-related worries have become so pervasive. Certainly, if you haven't seen this article which outlines very clearly how pregnancy can/can't happen, that may be helpful: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

But if you feel like you have a good handle on how it can happen and you're still having worries at this level, it really sounds like a mental health issue, which is outside of what we can provide. Do you have access to a doctor, counselor, or therapist you can talk to about these fears?

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellya1997
Neophyte
Member # 108167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellya1997         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thank you so much for the quick reply.

I've read that page and I'm pretty sure i'm familiar with how pregnancy can and can't happen I just can't stop myself freaking out - any stain I see or anything i will sit on i just assume involves semen - although at the back of my head i know a) once it's dry it's pretty much dead and b) not everyone in the world had raging hormones and decides to ejaculate everywhere! (especially in a ladies toilet)
and yes I've been thinking about seeing a doctor, which I will sort out.

P.s I know this is a fact but I kind of want someone professional to confirm it: 1) I'm not going to get pregnant from sitting on a toilet seat?
2) I'm right in instinctively dismissing these worries because they aren't possible?

--------------------
thanks,
Elly_Alexander

Posts: 2 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and yes. =)
Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.