Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Anxiety Issues over something with no risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anxiety Issues over something with no risk
Maddieee
Neophyte
Member # 108091

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Maddieee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I've always just kind of lurked around this site, but today I decided to join and ask my question directly... Here goes nothin'...
Long story short: My boyfriend and I were laying together, things got heated, both our pants came off (his boxers came off, too), but my underwear stayed on. His bare penis was rubbing my vaginal area while the underwear were on. He "came" about 30 minutes before we did this. I got what looked like and felt like my period a few weeks after the scare, but I am still kind of on edge. I just need to know if that was even a need for worry anyways. I read a couple articles saying as long as one partner has a layer of clothes, you're fine. But does that go for a bare penis rubbing against my vagina? That was the only barrier. I was also wet with my vaginal fluids, so could that create a clear pathway for semen and sperm to go through and impregnate me? Thanks

--------------------
-Maddieee :)

Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you can find out what the risk of pregnancy is from this (and that there isn't one) here -- Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? -- at the listing for clothed dry humping (frottage) or look here: http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/clairep/2012/10/25/dry_humping_freakout

This idea you've got about "clear pathways" and semen when no one has ejaculated and such is imaginative, but it just isn't how conception works in reality.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maddieee
Neophyte
Member # 108091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddieee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, no risk? [Smile] Ahh, awesome! My boyfriend swears he didn't ejaculate... but would I have felt it if he did? I would think so, but maybe I was so caught up in the heat of the moment that maybe I wouldn't have felt it. Thanks for the reply, Heather [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. [Smile]

But I hear you clearly feeling pretty freaked here, so I'd suggest that moving forward, perhaps you and your boyfriend rethink if this,or this way of doing this, are really working out for you. Sounds like it's not, given how you're feeling.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maddieee
Neophyte
Member # 108091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddieee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think we just need to step back and enjoy being kids as we're only 16! & not have to be paranoid all the time [Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

If you haven't seen it before, this piece might help with that: Whoa, There! How to Slow Down When You're Moving Too Fast

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Maddieee
Neophyte
Member # 108091

I'll have a look at that. But like I asked earlier, would I have felt the ejaculation *if* he wouldve? Thanks [Smile]

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

More to the point, HE would have. Just like you'd probably remember if you reached orgasm or not during a very recent sexual encounter.

So, unless you feel like you have some reason not to trust this guy -- and I don't see any reason for him to be dishonest about this -- I think you can take his word for this, let it go, and just slow down moving forward. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Maddieee
Neophyte
Member # 108091

Thanks so much, Heather! Time to just let this whole fear go [Smile]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.