Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » ocd kicking in

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ocd kicking in
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you have oral sex on the night would I need to wash mouth out before kissing my baby the next morning I forgot to do this tearing me apart
Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sunkissedx,

I'm not really sure what you're concerned about here, so it's difficult for me to answer your question. Can you be more specific, please?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
germs [Frown] or traces of cum
Posts: 119 | From: Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw in your last post that you were discussing how you have trouble remembering to take your antidepressant. How've you been doing with that?

I'm also wondering if you've gotten any support or counseling for these anxieties you're having?

kissing anyone on the mouth or other mucus membranes (such as eyes) can transmit germs at any time, regardless of what you've done previously. In other words, giving oral sex the night before isn't likely to increase the risk of transmitting germs in any significant way.

If you're kissing your baby just on it's skin or on the hair on top of it's head, it's really not at all likely you're going to transmit germs by kissing.

Again, have you spoken with a healthcare provider about these fears of germs you're having?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunkissedx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kissed him on the lips . No i havnt i wash my hands until there cut sometimes and i obsess over things a lot like fans kes on doors buttons sneezing coughing . Healthcare di you mean a dr???
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Robin said, there is always a small risk of transmitting germs when you are kissing someone on the mouth, so having engaged in oral sex the night before does not really make this any different from any other time you have kissed your baby. m

Are you getting any counseling for your ocd?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

No ive never really had it to this extent to be honest but its getting worse
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then it sounds like it is time for you to get some help. You can talk to your general physician and ask them for a referral, or look for counselors in your area.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, sunkissed, depending on how old your baby is, are you still under the care of any post-natal nurse or other healthcare worker? If you are, that person or team is another option for you to ask for help with this, as well as your doctor.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunkissedx
Activist
Member # 48752

thankyou can i arrange to see a health visitor ? i worry about things like his dummy dropping on the floor where my dirty knickers have been incase there was cum on them. touching bottle teats i sometimes wash them and wash them until they bleed until im fully convinced that theres no germs i wipe my phone with a baby wipe before he has it, its taking over my life as a mother i cant relax... its wearing me out [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know exactly what's available for you in your local area. If you have a health visitor, you can arrange to see them, yes. If you're not sure what options you have, you can ring your doctor's surgery and ask them to tell you your options. I'd tell them you have a baby and how old your baby is, because there are usually extra services available to newer mothers.

If you know your options, I'd suggest arranging to see whichever of your doctor, health visitor or other options you feel most comfortable with.

I'm not surprised you're getting worn out. Parenting a baby is hard enough at the best of times, and you're describing some things here which make it even harder for you. The thoughts you're getting sound like an anxiety issue. It happens sometimes to some people, and there's medical help for it. I'd suggest telling your health visitor or doctor, whoever you see, what you've told us here. They should take you seriously and be able to help you, so that this doesn't take over your life any more.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.