Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Water bottles and HPT's.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Water bottles and HPT's.
kailasnoches
Neophyte
Member # 108077

Icon 8 posted      Profile for kailasnoches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A mishap, or more of a tragedy, if you will. Last month on the 26th the condom sort of broke. I say sort of because it was still on my partner, but the top had torn. We're not sure if it tore during the act or after because it was stuck on his foreskin. He didn't get a chance to ejaculate because of this, so we stopped about 5 minutes in. His pre-ejaculation is always unnoticeable, so much to the extent that I believe he doesn't even have the capacity to do that.

This was the 6th day of my period, so pretty early into my cycle. I wasn't supposed to start ovulation until the 4th of July, so I was somewhat relieved to know that any sperm wouldn't live to see that day. Either way, we put some money together and went out the the pharmacy 5 hours later to buy Plan B. The pharmacist put up a little bit of a fight, since he was unaware that the laws had change, but either way I got the pill and took it.

Since then, i've had no symptoms of ANYTHING. I got the typical aftermath bleeding about 4 to 6 days after taking the pill. For abit I was worried that this was implantation bleeding, but after asking various forums, I found out that it wasn't.

Time has past; it's been just over a month since the incident now and I took 2 pregnancy tests about 4 days ago. Both came back negative. I read that drinking in excess before taking it was a bad idea because it dilutes the HGC. I guess this worries me because I drank a water bottle roughly an hour before taking the test. Does that fact matter? I'm paranoid because i'm starting to think those were false negatives. I plan to buy another test in a few days and try again then with the morning's first urine.

My period is fairly regular, roughly a 27 day cycle. If going on days without taking Plan B, it's of come on the 17th. But now accounting with Plan B, it could have been anywhere from the 10th to the 24th. I know Plan B makes the period rather erratic, but it's the 27th now. Where are you, period? I guess i'm really just asking for some direction; I wish i'd of found this site earlier.

Posts: 6 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kailasnoches and welcome to Scarleteen,

No, drinking that water before taking the pregnancy test doesn't impact the results. If you followed the instructions on the package of the test (different brands of tests have different instructions) you can be sure, especially since you took too of them, that the results were accurate.

Here's some more information on pregnancy tests.

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

I'm not sure what you mean about the typical aftermath bleeding after taking plan B. Some people experience bleeding after taking it, and some don't.

As you said, taking Plan B can alter the menstrual cycle. This means that your periods could be later or earlier than usual for a few months, that you could have spotting between periods, or that you might not get your period at all.

Does this help?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kailasnoches
Neophyte
Member # 108077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kailasnoches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you replied so quickly. Thank you!

I've gotten mixed answers about the whole drinking water before and I wasn't exactly sure what defined "excess", so thank you for clearing that up. Do you still believe I should go an buy another test just to put my mind at more ease?

By typical aftermath bleeding, I mean the effect that Plan B usually has after you take it. Most forums that i've come across from people taking the EC have said they've gone through a lighter "period" a week after taking the pill. The site states something like that is to happen.

Posts: 6 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi There,

We don't always respond that quickly. I just happened to be here working when your post came in. [Smile]

After reading the article about pregnancy testing, do you think you need to get another test?

With plan B, should you find yourself needing to take it in future, and you don't experience that bleeding a few days afterwards just know that the absence of bleeding doesn't indicate that the plan B hasn't worked.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kailasnoches
Neophyte
Member # 108077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kailasnoches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do think taking another will help to make me less paranoid, but with your response I believe it won't be necessary; thank you.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

you're welcome.

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.