Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Could i be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could i be pregnant?
Amethyst07
Neophyte
Member # 108137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here goes my long post: Okay so I'm wondering if I could be pregnant. I haven't had sex since June 28th. It was unprotected but my boyfriend pulled out just in time. It was during my fertile days. Anyways, I had my "period", or at least I think it was, last month in July. Lasted normally its 5 days. But a several days later, during fertile days,i began spotting brown on my pantiliners. It lasted about 5 days. Well during those days, I had a moment where this white flat small solid circle appeared on my pantiliner. So I tried searching that up and people would say that it could've been a yeast infection. Which I know I don't have. So the spotting stopped and a day later, I had a homemade taco for breakfast very early in the morning. After a while, I began to feel very nauseous, I didn't want to go to work. So I had to suck it up. I still went to work with a funny stomach. It eventually went away after several hours. This was just past Thursday on the 1st. I felt fine until today, I had the same kind of taco, at the same time in the morning, and got nauseous during work. I don't think it could be the food cuz I've been eating the same food since I was a toddler. I've felt somewhat nauseous all day, even though I took some Pepto Bismol, it really didn't go away. I think this is a little too personal but I've been gassy for a while, like a month. Don't know if that matters but oh well. So that's my question. Do you believe that I could be pregnant? What should I do?
Thanks for whoever replies.

--------------------
Amethyst

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Amethyst, and welcome to Scarleteen.

Folks who are pregnant don't have periods, and bleeding during pregnancy doesn't tend to look like a period or come when one's expected.

I'm not sure what your current nausea could be related to, but at this point it's been long enough since you've had sex that a pregnancy test would be accurate, so it sounds like a good next step here could be to take a test, either from the store or at a doctor's office if you want their opinion on your nausea symptoms as well.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amethyst07
Neophyte
Member # 108137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well I'll wait to take the test. Anyways, my period's due next week on Monday so I'll see what's up. If it all seems to be original, I won't take one. But if it is short or delays, then I'll definitely go take a test! From your point of view, what is the percentage of me being pregnant? And the spotting I experienced, could it be related? Last 2 questions.

--------------------
Amethyst

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amethyst07
Neophyte
Member # 108137

Okay, well I'll wait to take the test. Anyways, my period's due next week on Monday so I'll see what's up. If it all seems to be original, I won't take one. But if it is short or delays, then I'll definitely go take a test! From your point of view, what is the percentage of me being pregnant? And the spotting I experienced, could it be related? Last 2 questions.

--------------------
Amethyst

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody can predict exactly what percentage of risk anyone has had with any one particular pregnancy risk. There's just no way of knowing such specific information. Spotting can also be due to a whole host of reasons, so we have no way of knowing which of those reasons is the cause of yours, you know? All you can do for now is wait until you take that test and see the results, or until your period shows up [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.