Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » post sex problems---so frustrating -.-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: post sex problems---so frustrating -.-
Member # 42014

Icon 13 posted      Profile for cincosoles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The day after I have sex with my boyfriend, my vagina is dry and tight. So dry that even if I were to try and insert a finger, or anything, it is painful and difficult to do so. The inside walls feel dry and rough and it feels totally foreign from what it should feel like. It almost feels as if it gets tight and closes off! Which I know is ridiculous to say but I can't think of how else to explain. It has been happening ALMOST every single time we have sex for a very long time and it's driving me to hate being intimate with him because I suffer for the next few days, almost without fail. I was once diagnosed with a yeast infection but that was when the symptoms were a little more severe and annoying. I don't have itchiness or lot's of discharge (i would welcome any dc at all [Frown] ). What i do have is extremely dry white "discharge" (you cant even call it that) with a smell that isn't BAD, but just not normal. It almost smells like a condom....

I don't think I could have a latex allergy bc I can wear latex gloves, but I can't figure out what's going on.

I have a GYN appointment on Monday the 29th but by the time I go, it'll probably be back to normal.... but I would like to be able to explain to her what happens but it's hard to put into words...and it seems like I am the only one that suffers this. So, wondering if this sounds like something anyone's heard about before so I could look up information to see if it sounds like what I've been going through. I tend to get dry during sex so we've been using lubricant....I'm in my TWENTIES, that's ridiculous to have to rely and depend solely on lube. And yesterday, though this has not happened before I felt some deeper pelvic pain or cramping while we were having sex.

It's to the point where I have a very negative association with sex. I can't even enjoy sex with him.And that makes me feel terrible and it turns into a huge vicious cycle.

Posts: 45 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 42014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cincosoles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mean discharge in the sense that it shows. Only that is what is left on my finger should I try to insert it. HAHA. That sounds weird, but I've grown accustomed to seeing what's going on "in there" the day after sex to see if I got lucky or if once again, I have this weird issue.
Posts: 45 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why you think it's ridiculous to want or need lube for any reason, nor because of your age. From all I can gather in fifteen years of working in and with people's sexuality, more people DO use lubricant with sex with entry -- especially once they're outside their teens and realizing some myths about sex, like people not needing or using lube, aren't true -- than those who don't. Especially people who use condoms, where additional lube is basically required.

I think the way you're wording all of this should express what's been happening very clearly to your GYN. I'd bring with you, just in case, what lubriicants you have been using, and your history with yeast (and if your partner hasn't been tested for yeast, say that, too, as a mild yeast infection being passed back and forth is something that can happen and could be part of the issues here). I'd also try and express how you're using lubricant: are you applying it before anything starts, or only once/if you feel dry, for instance?

I'd also be sure to mention if you're engaging in intercourse when it's something you don't feel good about and don't enjoy: that may also be playing a part here.

But ultimately, your GYN should ask all the questions they need to to figure out what's up here.

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.