Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Intercourse contraceptive question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Intercourse contraceptive question
Us3r5000
Neophyte
Member # 108020

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Us3r5000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, well long story short, My girlfriend and I had sex for the first time, I put on a condom after washing and drying my penis. Because it was our first time I didn't get far in at all and the condom stayed on at all times, I also came outside her in to the condom far away from her vagina. She's worried since her period is supposed to start pretty soon but she's not feeling anything. Is there any way the condom might have had a small hole, I didn't think it was at all possible since I did come in the condom and nothing happened, but I was only wondering.so again my final question is, is there any way a small hole could be possible? Or would it have been noticeable because I did check it and I didn't see anything. And what could explain my girlfriend not feeling anything if she isn't pregnant?

--------------------
Thank you

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for future reference, no one needs to wash and dry the penis before putting a condom on. It doesn't make your condom any more effective than it already is.

If you stored your condom properly before use, you can rest assured it didn't have holes in it: condoms are rigorously tested, each and every one, before they are packaged and distributed.

We don't know about your girlfriend's menstrual cycle, nor what it's like for her. Plenty of people don't have PMS symptoms, or noticeable PMS symptoms, before periods. As well, lots of people don't chart their periods to really have an accurate sense of when to expect them, or make incorrect estimates of when they should be coming. Many people also have irregular periods.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.