Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy Scare? Should I be worried?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Scare? Should I be worried?
Lex1776
Neophyte
Member # 107999

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lex1776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the 10th of July, I had dry sex naked and my partner came on me and it dripped down the sides of my vagina and near my hole. I quickly sprang up and went to the bathroom to wipe it off. I'm still a virgin so my partner told me that even though the *** was near my hole, i probably wouldn't get pregnant and he's trying to reassure me that that sperm would have needed to ejaculated inside my vagina so that it would be close enough to swim to an egg for me to get pregnant. I was panicking the next 24 hours when my best friend told me to take a plan B pill. She said that it would lessen my chances of getting pregnant but that it doesn't 100% guarantee I wouldnt get pregnant so to just hope and pray to get my period in the next 10 days since my last period was on the 20th of last month. From what I've been reading on other health posts, the pill was totally unnecessary to take and I am definitely not pregnant. Is this true? Should I worry? I've also read that because I took the pill even though I didn't have to, my next few periods should be off. If I don't have my period 7 days after my normal period day should I take a pregnancy test? PLEASE HELP!
Posts: 4 | From: Costa Mesa | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lex1776, and welcome to Scarleteen.

I'm a little confused by what you're describing here; we don't generally use "dry sex" to describe sexual activity that happens when people are both naked. Direct genital contact does pose a pregnancy risk.

Since you did take Plan B, your chances of becoming pregnant are quite low, but the way to know for sure will be to go ahead and take a pregnancy test.

This article will give you a better idea of what to expect after taking Plan B: Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill) It does often impact the menstrual cycle, yes. That's one reason why we suggest anyone who's taken Plan B go ahead and take a pregnancy test, as their periods may not show up when expected.

Also, for future reference you can get a sense of what is and isn't a risk by looking at this article: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

I do want to note that if you and your boyfriend aren't up to date on your STI testing, that's something to look into as well, as direct genital contact also poses a risk of transmitting any infections either of you may have.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lex1776
Neophyte
Member # 107999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lex1776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason why I say it's dry sex is because he never actually entered inside of me. It was basically just a lot of thrusting but I didn't actually feel his penis touch my vagina during the whole process.
Posts: 4 | From: Costa Mesa | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dry sex specifically refers to sex where at least one person is wearing clothes.

Are you and your boyfriend current on your STI testing?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.