Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » UTI

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UTI
miaaaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 107905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miaaaaaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I have a serious question. For the last couple months, I've been thinking I have a yeast infection.. I've tried some medicins and it hasnt gone away. Is that what could be causing the UTI? me & my boyfriend did have dry sex and when we were "re-enacting" sex, I think maybe the bacteria could've gotten pushed back up in my vagina. I know, sounds gross. But I know you guys understand.

Thanks [Smile]

-mia

Posts: 27 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi mia,

Have you consulted a healthcare provider about this?

Was the healthcare provider the one who suggested taking medicines for a possible yeast infection?

if you haven't yet talked to a healthcare provider, that needs to be your first step.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miaaaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 107905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miaaaaaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I took the medicine. Now I'm on AZO urinary tract infection meds. From over the counter. My aunt works in the medical field and she's gonna get me some antibiotics. I was just asking if that is a logical cause. Because I've been having to pee every 15 minutes!! And its getting annoying!!
Posts: 27 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miaaaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 107905

And when I do pee, its not like my whole bladder is emptying. It's just annoying feeling like I can't get it all out
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This really is something you need to consult with a healthcare provider about. Not only are we not healthcare providers, but no one, healthcare provider or not, can diagnose you online.

What I'm not clear on is whether you first consulted a healthcare provider before taking the yeast infection medicine.

Unless you have been seen by a healthcare provider and you've been specifically diagnosed, through tests and consultations, with a UTI it's not sound for anyone to be getting you medicines, as it's impossible to know exactly what you need to be treated for without a medical consultation with someone in person.

Here is some information from our site on UTIs and yeast infections.

Out, Out Damn UTI!

Yeast Infections

[ 07-20-2013, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.