Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Body changes... I think. Confused.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Body changes... I think. Confused.
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesiRebel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been going through a lot, for months, emotionally, physically, and mentally... but 1:50 am on June 29th, my great grandmother past away, I've been having a pregnancy scare but that morning I got my period, it lasted until July 5-6, I had sex on July 6, & 7 (unprotected). I took a "next choice" on the 9th, still had sex (unprotected) on the 11 & 12 smh. Now.. idk if this is stress or depression or what, i havent had an appetite, so I haven't been eating like I should. But on the 14th I got a period, its still on..Today is the 17th. I haven't had any pain, I just know my body temp is a tad higher. At first its been a brownish color, but its gotten a dark red, and when I use the bathroom it just comes out with my urine.. My last period had so much texture, and was like mucus but "this" is just blood falling out. I can't tell if it's light or not though. its frustrating, my boyfriend says its just stress but idk. I honestly dont know what it is. This has never happened to me, and trust me when I say, I was in a more stressful maybe depressed state at the end of last year. I did just turned 20 in January, could it be that my body is changing? Ovulation? Stress? Pregnancy? Can someone please help me?
I've taken plan b before but never that brand. I've been living in SC all my life and moved to FL on May 1 & since then I've had body changes, I'm so clueless to these changes.. I'm just trying to give as much info as I can so I can get an answer.. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

Posts: 13 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, one of the givens about having a body is that it's often going to do unpredictable things, break patterns and by a mystery in some ways. Our bodies are also, effectively, always changing: they are in a perpetual state of flux for all of our lives.

Who knows why you're having this change with your cycles this time: truly, I don't think we really can know, especially with just some changes in one cycle, without looking at months or years of daily, detailed charting, as well as an in-depth health and lifestyle history. Even then, someone could likely only give some guesses.

That said, you did recently use Plan B, and the patient information with it usually makes clear that changes with menstrual cycles for a cycle or two are a very common side effect.

I hear you when you say this has never happened, but you should probably figure this will be the first time of at least several, and maybe even many times, throughout your life when you have a change with one system of your body, or your whole body, like this.

There's really nothing TO help with here, though. All you can really do right now is stay observant about your cycles over the next few months, stay up to date with your general preventative reproductive healthcare so if anything is ever wrong, your healthcare provider can catch it, and, I'd say, just work on accepting that sometimes our bodies behave differently than we're used to.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesiRebel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you. I'm just so stressed, maybe I'm trying to find something else to stress about :/

--------------------

Posts: 13 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe, then, the answer is to focus on ways you can better manage all of that stress?

What are you doing to give yourself some extra care lately?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

I've just been trying to relax, my mind my body. I'm trying to get my life and relationships better. I just feel discouraged sometimes. Trying to think positive. Do you have any suggestions?

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Well, it really depends on you and who you are.

But if it helps to hear some of the ways I do my own self-care when stressed, just to get some ideas from one person, for me, that's things like:
• taking a long walk somewhere I like, or a bike ride
• hula-hooping
• making some kind of music or art
• listening to some music I really like, or watching a movie I know comforts me, or helps distract me from my own stuff
• getting really immersed in a good book
• playing with my dogs
• decorating or rearranging something
• talking to friends and venting
• asanas and meditation
• baking or cooking something
• getting extra sleep
• lazing in the sun

And with things like that, the more stressed I am, the more of them in a day I work to make time for.

On top of that, I work to do what I can to reduce my stresses, by dropping things I just absolutely don't have to do or think about, and delegating things when I can.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

DesiRebel
Neophyte
Member # 107971

those are great suggestions. I'm working on myself like eating better and trying to detox myself. I need more energy and good vibes.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.