Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » strange question about hunger lol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: strange question about hunger lol
Sunday Morning
Activist
Member # 107774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunday Morning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So as you know from my history here - I had a recent pregnancy scare I'm getting over. Had my period a couple of weeks ago, even took pregnancy tests during my period - everything negative - so basically I know I'm not pregnant. All I've been doing is engaging in manual and oral sex - and I've posted questions about that - and you've all confirmed that there is no pregnancy risk from manual and oral sex.

But here's a really weird question. Is it normal to have had changes in appetite due to plan b that continue to persist?

Well- change in appetite isn't the right word. I just feel like I'm more hungry, or more conscious of my hunger, and this has been going on for a little over a month.

I know it's not pregnancy. I know it's not pregnancy. (I need to keep telling myself this so I don't go back to being paranoid again).

So what gives?

I mean - I have started working a 9 to 5 desk job. All I do is sit, read, and do work. So that may be attributable to my need for snacking. But by the end of my shift, I get hungry. Even hungrier if I wait til 7 or 8 to eat.

And then late at night, sometimes I want to snack.

Is this just a product of me having been stressed out, and starting a new job? Plus me being more aware and conscious of my body? I've noticed that when I'm busy or doing things I don't really pay attention and I don't think I get that hungry. But when I sit and think about it - I do.

This is just stress, over thinking, adjustments in my lifestyle, and getting over that scare, right?

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi asdfg10,

you know, hunger and appetite really aren't our areas of expertise. if this is something that concerns you, you certainly could go talk to a healthcare provider about it.

having said that, hunger and appetite are both much like other things in our bodies--they're not static 9the same all the time) and can change for all sorts of benign reasons such as a change in schedule (including being busier) change in sleep patterns, change in emotions, or just a change that really isn't identifiable.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.