Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy symptoms / missed period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy symptoms / missed period?
ropeite6
Neophyte
Member # 107959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ropeite6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, can I first say this site is amazing and has truly helped me.

I'm sorry if this is a little long.

Myself and my boyfriend are both 17. We have not had sex yet, and I am not on any form of birth control.

Last month we engaged in oral and manual sex on both sides. We were both naked. In this time he ejaculated if I remember, 3 times. For one of those times he got some on his hand and wiped it off, and shortly after he fingered me. This is the part I've been worried about. As well, my last period finished on the 11th, so around this time would be near when I should be ovulating.

The day after, I was getting brown discharge. This continued for around a week, ranging from light brown to dark brown. I researched this and believed it was because he was being too rough with fingering and nicked me, but now I'm starting to wonder if this was implantation bleeding.

For the next few days I was dizzy and felt tired. I had bad eye pain and had a few headaches. These symptoms all stopped for the next few weeks, apart from thick, snotty clear discharge which I can get sometimes.

This month, July, my period was due on the 8th. It's been 6 days. Normally, my periods are quite regular, varying by 2 - 4 days at most.

I'm very worried and upset. Am I possibly making up these symptoms? My boyfriend is confident I'm worrying myself and stress is causing me to delay my period. I don't want to cause a big stir over nothing, but this is all I have been thinking about. I'm planning to get a pregnancy test if my period hasn't started by this Friday, but I was just wondering if I could get any insight whether I'm panicking or could be pregnant.

I'm sorry for the long post and can provide additional information if needed, thank you guys.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards, ropeie.

have you already taken a look at some content on the site that can answer these questions/concerns for you? Like:
• Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
• Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul
• Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ropeite6
Neophyte
Member # 107959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ropeite6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Heather, I've read those a while ago but I'll reread them again now.

Thank you [Smile]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure thing: give a holler if there's anything in them that doesn't make sense to you, or if you still have concerns afterwards. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ropeite6
Neophyte
Member # 107959

I've read the articles and they've calmed me down. I'll try not to worry to not delay my period if it's coming!

I'd just like to ask about the brown clotty discharge. Do you think it was a product of him being rough or could it have been something more?

Thanks so much for your help [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

I'd say if he was what felt like very rough or aggressive, then indeed, this is probably about some blood from abrasion, like you're thinking.

What you can do is just keep an eye on it. If it lasts for more than a few days, or keeps happening on and off over the next month or two when you haven't just had or started your period, then I'd suggest seeing a healthcare provider about it.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

ropeite6
Neophyte
Member # 107959

It's stopped since then, so hopefully it was nothing. Thanks so much for your help and reassurance.

My period is now a week late, is it too early to take a pregnancy test? I can't stop thinking about this even though I know I'm probably being paranoid.

Thanks again!

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From your first post, it sounds like it's been more than 14 days since the sexual activity you're concerned about? If so, then a pregnancy test would be accurate. You can take a test if you think it'll help you be able to move on and stop worrying.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ropeite6
Neophyte
Member # 107959

Sorry for so many questions [Frown]

I was planning on taking a test by Friday if my period hadn't come yet, but now I'm getting a discharge that is light brown. This is stressing me out even more, I'll definitely be taking a test on Friday but any idea what this could suggest?

Thank you!

Heather
Member # 3

We can't possibly know what that discharge is for sure. It could be about an infection, it could be about the start of a period, it could be old blood from an abrasion, it could be a ton of things.

But no one who can't examine you could say what it is in any sound, reliable way.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

ropeite6
Neophyte
Member # 107959

Haha I'm so sorry for constantly updating you [Frown]

But I just got some blood, but I don't think it's a period ? It's very very light and orange. I'll check again in the morning but this is relieving me a little bit.

Thanks [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.