Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pre-cum, pregnancy worries?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pre-cum, pregnancy worries?
rockthecasbah
Neophyte
Member # 107969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockthecasbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a medical abortion 4 and a half weeks ago due to being irresponsible and I have learned my lesson.

Although, absent mindedly 3 weeks after the procedure, my boyfriend and I were doing stuff and he possibly touched his penis adjusting himself and a few minutes afterwards touched me through my underwear and then began fingering me. I'm worried about the possibly small amount of pre cum on his fingers. I've read that there could be a pregnancy risk some places and others that there isn't.

I started the pill the day after the procedure which would protect me immediately means there's even less of a chance of pregnancy, but I've been driving myself crazy for a week researching and unable to sleep at night. I would just like a reply to my specific situation.

I would take a pregnancy test but due to the procedure it possibly wouldn't be accurate, and I'm a bit ashamed to go to my doctor because I feel insanely irresponsible.

Thanks for any replies, they would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi rockthecasbah and Welcome to Scarleteen,

no, what you describe does not pose a pregnancy risk.

I think you would find it helpful to have a good sense for what is and isn't a pregnancy risk. i'm going to give you a few articles to read through about pregnancy risks and human reproduction.

I also want to say that, while I do understand your feelings of uncertainty and shame around this, you have nothing to be ashamed of. learning these things is part of taking care of your health, and any good doctor or other healthcare provider would see things the same way I do. So, if going to your doctor is what you need to do to help you make sense of this, I personally (and professionally) don't think that's something you need to hold yourself back from doing.

let's get you that information though and see if it doesn't clear things up for you.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockthecasbah
Neophyte
Member # 107969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockthecasbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the quick reply!
I knew I was just being silly and paranoid but I just wanted an experts opinion. I can relax now.

Thank you very much. [Smile]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're welcome.

Do you feel like you have what you need to be able to handle any future concerns?

Are you feeling secure with your birth control choices?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockthecasbah
Neophyte
Member # 107969

I think so yeah, I think I'm just over paranoid because of what happened to me previously. I don't want to get myself into that situation again. [Frown]

I was planning on using two forms of birth control, such as the pill and condoms or even possibly look into getting the coil. Which would be best?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I can definitely understand you feeling worried because you have already had to deal with an unwanted pregnancy. That's going to up the concern level for sure!

The pill and condoms combined do offer you about as much protection from pregnancy as you are going to get. here's some information on combining birth control methods.

The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

Condoms also provide protection against STI (sexually transmitted infection) transmission. Are both you and your boyfriend up-to-date on your STI testing?

Here's some more information about birth control methods in general.

Birth Control Bingo!

--------------------
Robin

rockthecasbah
Neophyte
Member # 107969

After reading both of them, I think I'll be using the pill and condoms whenever I decide to have sex again.
Yeah we both are clear for absolutely everything!

Thank you for the links. [Smile]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

you're very welcome.

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.