Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Is pregnancy by precum possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is pregnancy by precum possible?
Karli
Neophyte
Member # 107953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I am a 19 year old college student. I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months. Either of us do not want sexual intercourse until marriage.
My last period was June 5th, previous one was May 6th. I need to note that my periods are never the same; i could be one day late, a week late, or once was 19 days late (a few years back though).
Anyway, my boyfriend likes to finger me. every time i give him a handjob, i"m careful to wash my hands off from any precum (that i can feel). the last time he fingered me was June 26th, and i told him not to anytime we met afterward because i knew my period was soon. It is now July 13th, and I still don't show much signs of a period coming. I dont know of any time where either him or i could have fingered me and have precum on it. i"m worried that I am pregnant.
i have to note that June was a bad month, as I was worried about a chest pain on my left side since Father's day, and I'm a major hockey fan and I tell how I "went crazy" with each game. I have been worried about this, and other family problems since then. I took a pregnancy test (First Response) today (7/13), a week and a day after I was supposed to have my period. the test showed not pregnant, but didn't go away. I will figure trying the other one in about a week. I just don't know what to do or think, and im getting upset about it. Is it possible that fingering me with precum caused me to become pregnant?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Posts: 7 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karli
Neophyte
Member # 107953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also I have to note that the past two days my left, and then right side have been hurting a bit. Could it be my ovaries?

Also, he is the first guy that I have been with, my first boyfriend.

Posts: 7 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Karli, and welcome to Scarleteen.

Have you seen this article Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? ? It should tell you what you need to know.

If you're wondering why you've not had your period when you were expecting it, M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? might help you out.

If you have any questions about any of that, you're very welcome to ask.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karli
Neophyte
Member # 107953

Thank you for the welcome and the quick reply.
I have read the articles. Thanks for them.

But is it possible for any known precum on a finger to cause pregnancy? whether deep manual sex or not?

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, if we're talking about fingers on or in genitals, that's manual sex. The first article I linked you to makes clear that there are no pregnancy risks from manual sex.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karli
Neophyte
Member # 107953

Yes, manual sex is what i am talking about. my boyfriend and i have agreed to be more careful and wash our hands more often so this scare doesn't take place again. Thank you for your help
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Also, if you have pain which gets worse or continues, it's best to check in with a healthcare provider. We aren't doctors, and anyway, diagnosing someone over the internet isn't a good idea.

Hand-washing is a great way of insuring hygiene and peace of mind for everyone [Smile] You're welcome.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.