Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Handjob + Short, light period.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Handjob + Short, light period.
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 11 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, last month I was with my boyfriend, and i gave him a handjob (he was naked, i was wearing regular cotton underwear, w/ a pantyliner in it). He also jacked himself off a little bit, and touched me over my underwear, and pulled me towards him so my back was touching his front. He tends to have a lot of pre-cum.

So i read the Pregnancy Scared page, and I was kind of assured that I could not be pregnant. But when my period came, it was very light (its usually quite heavy the first few days, but I hardly filled one pad wearing it for the entire day). Now im on around the 3rd or 4th day, and my period is hardy even here anymore. I'm scared this might be implantation bleeding?

If it makes any difference, im 15, and went on vacation (an 11 hour flight) 2 weeks before my period.

So could I be pregnant? Why was my period so light? Was it implantation bleeding?

Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey OliveCon, and welcome to Scarleteen.

I'm sorry that our Pregnancy Scared page didn't seem to help your anxieties. I'm giving you a few more links to provide you more information why you can't be pregnant. We'll be happy to discuss anything with you after you've taken a look at them.

So, take a look at those and see if they don't end up making you feel a little bit more willing to trust your instincts.

Also, in addition to coming here for help, you also have the option of calling up your family physician or your local healthcare provider for a second opinion, as well as taking pregnancy tests.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 231 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically, you're telling me that I cannot be pregnant from the scenario I provided? I suppose that makes me feel a little better.

Can I ask what exactly implantation bleeding and spotting looks like? I've heard a lot of different things; it's only a few drops, it's pink, only when you wipe etc; but I'm not sure? Is spotting just a few drops, or is it more blood than that?

Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implantation bleeding is basically when a fertilize egg implants itself into the uterine wall. The only case you would experience implantation bleeding is if you are pregnant, but even then, not every pregnancy case has implantation bleeding because every woman's body is different. Does that make sense?

However, you don't need to be pregnant to have a light period, or spotting, in general. Stress can usually do enough on its own, especially if it's compounded with pregnancy fear, anxiety, and stress from travel. Birth control and other types of medication that you may be taking can also be additional factors.

--------------------

Posts: 231 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I shouldn't worry about the light period or about pregnancy from this incident at all?

I suppose I could take a test, but i'm kind of strapped for money right now, and I dont wanna waste it on a test that I dont need, you know.

Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Based on the information that I gathered and provided for you, what do you feel is the take-away message from this? What do you think your next step should be, based on the knowledge you've gained so far from thoroughly reading through those links and my answers, and do you feel confident following through with that?

--------------------

OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Well I think you're trying to tell me that theres no way for me to be pregnant, and that instead of worrying, i should come and look at the site and be rational.

I now feel confident that i'm not pregnant. thank you!

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You asked in another thred about implantation bleeding.

Implantation bleeding is a non-issue when someone has not had a pregnancy risk. It's also really rare, so is not going to be the likely cause of bleeding in most people. in other words, even someone who has had a pregnancy risk who experiences bleeding wouldn't necessarily put implantation bleeding at the top of the list for reasons they're bleeding.

It sounds like you're concerned about your period being different than usual. periods do that. Our bodies aren't machines, and all sorts of things can make a period (and the menstrual cycle in general) change, including changes in sleep and eating schedule, stress, illness (even minor illness like a cold), or changes in hormones for no easily detectable reason.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

So in general, implantation bleeding would be very light and last only one or two days. So this is kind of unrelated, but if you had ANY TYPE of bleeding for say 5 or 6 days, you could rule out implantation bleeding?

You said on the implantation bleeding thread that if it looks and acts and is the same length as a normal period, it probably is. But what if it's very light, (for example some days are spotting, cant completely fill a pad/tampon) but it lasts for 5 or 6 days. Because my period was very light, but I had at least SOME KIND of bleeding (including stuff that a pantyliner could hold) for about 5 or 6 days. A scenario like this is most likely to be a period right? Because of how long it lasted?

Sorry if i keep asking a lot of questions, i just wanna make sure i completely understand the information.

[ 07-10-2013, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: OliveCon ]

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, implantation bleeding isn't going to even be on the list for reasons that bleeding occurs if there's no pregnancy risk. no pregnancy, no implantation. [Smile]

Amd no, implantation bleeding is not known to last 5 or 6 days.

Again, as I said above, our bodies aren't machines, and they're going to do different things sometimes, including not have the same amount or schedule of menstrual flow as they usually do.

I'm wondering: What is it do you think that has you so worried about this?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

I'm not sure why I'm worried, I kinda have a pregnancy phobia I guess. As of right now, i feel like i never want to have a baby, little kids make me uncomfortable, and i couldn't deal with the shame if I was.

Also skin tags don't mean anything right? i think i found a small skin tag on my upper inner thigh. Thats not anything to worry about/preg related is it? i heard some pregnant women get lots of skin tags

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might help to remember that just because someone gets pregnant doesn't mean they have to have a baby or be a parent. Those are options, not givens.

Skin tags mean you have skin tags. There are numerous things about pregnant people's bodies that also occur on, with or to the bodies of people who aren't pregnant. Skin tags are one of those things.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68048 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

So skin tags aren't a symptopm of pregnancy? and it doesn't mean I have some sort of disease? (I heard it was an HPV symptom but i'm like, 100% positive my bf is clean, and the furthest we've gone is handjobs)
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check it: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000848.htm

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68048 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Okay thanks. This is really helping to ease my mind.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.