Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Could I be pregnant?! Please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant?! Please help!
colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for colors_of_a_rubik_cube     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay so I'm kinda scared. I'm on birth control, but last month and possibly the month before I skipped the sugar pills. Two or three days ago ago I gave my boyfriend a handjob. I got some pre cum on my hands & fingers and so did he. He went to wash his hands, and I licked my fingers and wiped them on a towel/blanket. I fingered myself for about 5 minutes, then he fingered me (about 20 minutes after touching pre cum) (I also just got off my period before he did this.)
Could I be pregnant???
Thank you in advance for responding!

[ 06-26-2013, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: colors_of_a_rubik_cube ]

--------------------
~~C

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi colors_of_a_rubik_cube and welcome to Scarleteen,

Skipping the sugar pills in your birth control does not decrease its effectiveness. However, that's not something you want to do too often without consulting a healthcare provider. What we know from studies that have been done is that it's medically safe for people over 18 to skip their inactive pill weeks sometimes. We don't have any research on whether it's safe for people under 18 to do so.

IN terms of pregnancy risks, what you've described is not a pregnancy risk. Here's some information about what is and isn't a pregnancy risk:

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Icon 1 posted      Profile for colors_of_a_rubik_cube     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much. I've worried myself sick! Thanks Robin! (:

--------------------
~~C

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Oh I forgot.
I realized some people classify "fingering" differently.
I meantime like his and my fingers were actually in my vagina, not just rubbing it.
Am I still ok?
And one more question (sorry), but how do you not get pregnant from the pre cum on your fingers (if fingered)?

--------------------
~~C

colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Oh I forgot.
I realized some people classify "fingering" differently.
I meantime like his and my fingers were actually in my vagina, not just rubbing it.
Am I still ok?
And one more question (sorry), but how do you not get pregnant from the pre cum on your fingers (if fingered)?
Sorry if this posted like 40 times, the Internet is being stupid..

--------------------
~~C

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manual sex covers contact between hands and genitals no matter if they're just touching or if hands are inside. =) So the same answer applies in either case.
Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Last question , how to the precum on finger not get you pregnant, but if you're having sex precum CAN get you pregnant?

--------------------
~~C

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Because that's just not how human reproduction is known to work. This review of how reproduction does work might help with this confusion. [Smile]

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Thank you! And sorry I keep coming up with question :/ , but are there any reported cases of pregnancy like this?

--------------------
~~C

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome.

And no, to our knowledge here at Scarleteen--which includes fifteen years of doing sex ed, plus extensive review of the research and science around reproduction, there have been no reported cases of pregnancy from the activities or scenarios you've described. Again, that's just not how human reproduction happens.

--------------------
Robin

colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Something else, sorry.
But since I told you my last period above and my birth control. I need to ask this.
I went to the bathroom and wiped there was blood. But there's been no more bleeding today.
If its my period then it's 9 days early?
Can you tell me what's going on?

--------------------
~~C

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I just want to clarify something you said above. When you said that you skipped the sugar pills, you did mean that you just went right to the next pack, correct?

I can't actually tell you why you had that bleeding today since I don't know what's going on with your body.

One side effect people on the birth control pill can experience is spotting. I believe, though I'm not 100% sure on this, that you taking the pills continuously without the break that taking the inactive pills gives you, can increase the chances of this spotting occurring.

Bleeding can also happen sometimes if a person experiences a small scratch or abrasion in their vagina or on their vulva.

Are you planning to take your inactive pills this month?

--------------------
Robin

colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

Yes I started the new pack.
And yes I'm taking the sugar pills this month, they're next weeks pills.

--------------------
~~C

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Okay. if you're going to make a habit of skipping those pills in future, I'd strongly suggest speaking with your healthcare provider to get their perspective on whether this is right for you.

--------------------
Robin

colors_of_a_rubik_cube
Neophyte
Member # 107805

I'm not going to skip them anymore. (:

--------------------
~~C

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.