Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can she be pregnant???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can she be pregnant???
noway
Neophyte
Member # 107857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read a lot on here but am still worried. My girlfriend is over 3 weeks late. We spend a lot of time in the water together where we both had bathing suits on but I had an erection and most likely precum. She was hugging me and I was carrying her around in the water with her vagina on top of my penis. We also madeout outside of the water (both bathing suits wet) and dry humped. I never ejaculated but there was a lot of rubbing with wet bathing suits and most likely precum. Is there any chance she could be pregnant? I know it sounds like there isnt a chance but she is sooooo late. She is fairly irregular as she was 15 days late one time last year. We both are so stressed about this we cant sleep, we both get sick to our stomachs and if we even talk about it she is on the verge of tears. We are terrified and I'm thinking she is probably so late because she is EXTREMELY stressed about possibly being pregnant. please HELP
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi noway
and welcome to Scarleteen,

First things first, taking the fact that your girlfriend's period is late out of the picture for a moment, do you think, based on what you've already read here, that there's a pregnancy risk in the sexual activities the two of you have engaged in?

As to her period being late, does she write down the start dates of her periods? If so, it might be helpful to her, and to you, to go through those, to figure out whether she's actually three weeks late, or just three weeks later than she, for example, thinks she should be getting her period.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noway
Neophyte
Member # 107857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is a risk but i feel like when someone is late pregnancy is the most probable cause. She is definitely 3 weeks late because when we engaged in these activities it was during her period and we know the dates because we were on vacation together in florida.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what was the date of her last period? Does she always get her period after the same number of days?

Actually, when a period is late, there are a number of things that could be the cause, and when there isn't a pregnancy risk, pregnancy is at the bottom of the list, and even not on the list at all.

Here's some information on missing and late periods: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noway
Neophyte
Member # 107857

Her last period started May 16th. She very rarely gets it after the same number of days. It is usually 3 to 7 days later each month.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So, it sounds like her period right now is later than it usually is. Were you able to read the article I linked you to?

--------------------
Robin

noway
Neophyte
Member # 107857

Yes I was and from the article it seems like it is not possible for her to be pregnant and like it could be the stress but we are soooooo worried about the possibility of pregnancy.
noway
Neophyte
Member # 107857

Does it make it possible because our bathing suits were already slightly wet?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No.

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.