Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Precum on panties

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum on panties
Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elessar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I know you guys have said again and again that sperm cannot travel through fabric, as long one person is wearing undergarments etc, its okay, but I have noted that your older posts does say that there is a slight risk.. Why is that so?

Thanks,

--------------------
Elessar

Posts: 41 | From: Malaysia | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Elessar,

Can you please give us some links to the posts you're referring to?

We really can't address what you're asking about unless we see what you're referring to.

However, know that anything we've published in the last few years is accurate. We've spent a good deal of time not only making sure the information we include in those articles is correct, but that it's clear and understandable. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elessar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin.

Here you go. http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/005531.html#000011

Thanks!

--------------------
Elessar

Posts: 41 | From: Malaysia | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

unless what they are trying to say that the material is like thongs or holes which are visible to the eyes... is that it? Cause i had a long discussion about this with you too i think... [Frown]

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, if it's a thong, there certainly is the possibility that the thong would get pushed aside during sexual activity and there could be bare genital contact.

Really, the way I'm reading the post you linked is that the volunteer was saying there was really no risk, and they just had a different way of wording what we've been talking about here with you.

Sexual activities with clothes on just aren't a way pregnancy is known to happen. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

oh.. alright. thus, as long as one party is wearing undergarments its totally no risk at all? sorry. i read that and panicked a little

--------------------
Elessar

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

cause she was like just wearing panties and on top of me while i had nothing on.. so was just a little worried.. [Frown]

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, you know, we've already talked about this, so while I understand you panicking, the most relevant information is the information you yourself have been given. [Smile]

now, based on the information you've been given, you get to decide what you're comfortable doing in future.

--------------------
Robin

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

haha. okay thanks robin. teach a man to fish eh. I take this as no risks. [Smile] thanks and i will try to cool down.

--------------------
Elessar

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

and i really do appreciate the support of this site too. thanks a lot. really. I am still a bit worried but i'd try to calm down..

--------------------
Elessar

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

i assume that its still a no risk right...? sorry robin, but i really do hope to get an answer..

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome. Just remember that facts are facts.

One of the things I think might help you stop worrying is for you to stop searching for information, including not searching old posts on our boards.

If you feel like you need to review information to help yourself, you can use this:

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
Robin

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

oh. okay. thanks for replying! yea. read that before this too. saw this :
" No risk, unless only one partner is wearing a very thin garment that allows for some direct genital contact, like a thong, or there is accidental fluid contact. In those cases, there may be low risk."

and started thinking too much.. about what is thin, thats why i asked.

Maybe what you say is true.. i should stop searching. [Frown]

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

how about trying that and seeing how it works for you. you already have the facts, and the facts don't change. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Trying that? What's that? Sorry I don't get you.

--------------------
Elessar

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Oh as in stop searching?

--------------------
Elessar

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's my guess as to what she meant! =)
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Haha. Thanks. I'd try. But I just wanna make sure that whatever I'm doing is safe. I won't take it further than this for now. I really can't stand the idea of her being pregnant. She's not at all worried though. Lol. She kept telling me there's nothing. But I was just thinking too much

--------------------
Elessar

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Is it normal for guys to worry like me? Lol

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Some people worry about things more than other people, doesn't matter if they're guys, girls, or any other gender.

Do you find you tend to worry a lot about things in general?

--------------------
Robin

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

yes. i used to get paranoid when i was young. siblings said i think non relevant stuff... just wanna know if im weird. [Frown]

--------------------
Elessar

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

nah i only start to worry cause i saw her undies getting wet, and then think of all these

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So, now that you have the facts, do you feel like you can stop worrying?

And as to whether you're weird, I personally don't think so. Even if you were the only person in the world who worried about this or anything else (and I can assure you you're not) there wouldn't be anything wrong or weird about you. if you worry, you worry.

But again, now that you have the facts, how is your level of worry?

--------------------
Robin

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

A bit. Haha. I do feel better. Thanks. I just find it weird that she is not a tit bit worried but I'm the one worrying. Lol.

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, worry isn't always logical. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Yea. And I was told that if that's the case there will be wayyyy more unwanted pregnancies out there if this could happen. I'd try to worry less when this happens again then.

--------------------
Elessar

Elessar
Activist
Member # 107551

Anyways robin,just wanna thank you for your kind advice and time. Really appreciate it. Will try to worry less based on facts, where its totally no risks now. [Smile]

--------------------
Elessar

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're very welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.