Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » STI? Not sure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STI? Not sure
123concerned1994
Neophyte
Member # 107833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 123concerned1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a gay 19 year old male, sexually active. I always use a condom (a couple of exceptions were people I was in long term relationships with). About thirteen days ago, while masturbating, I discovered several pimple like bumps on the upper part of my shaft. They almost immediately flaked off and scabbed over and now there is just a scar where one of them used to be. About 5 days ago, I noticed another small bump near where this was different. It is sometimes skin colored but mostly its red, especially after fussing with it. A couple more popped up in different parts too but these are pretty light colored but can become red with irritation. they are all very small. They do not pop. When I am erect, you can hardly feel them or see them. They do not itch at all and I was recently tested for STDs and came back negative for everything. yesterday, after masturbating, I noticed a small pin sized dot on the the head of my penis which appeared right after masturbating. I tried applying apple cider vinegar to test for warts but there wasn't a change. The bump on my penis head looks like it is going away now. The other three bumps still remain. Any ideas what's going on?

I'd like to reiterate that all of these things are very small and really only noticeable to me. If i stretch the skin, the bumps almost disappear.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As we are not doctors, we cannot really tell you what is going on here. The best thing do with things like wierd bumps is always to have them checked out by a doctor, and to have them checked while they are still there so the doctor can take a look and figure out what's up.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
123concerned1994
Neophyte
Member # 107833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 123concerned1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Joey. In case I did not make this clear enough in my original post, I have gone to the doctor and was tested. Everything was negative... and she claimed it was non infectious. I am posting on here to get some answers as a couple of weeks ago, these small bumps were not present.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were these bumps present when you saw the doctor? Have you been to see a doctor specifically about these bumps?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
123concerned1994
Neophyte
Member # 107833

yes and yes, she said they looked non infectious... this is completley possible but is a tiny bump sometimes just a bump?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, sure is.

They can be Fordyce spots, ingrown hairs or infected pores (AKA, plain old zits), swollen sweat glands, and number of things that aren't infections nor anything to be concerned about.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.