Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Could I be pregnant in this way?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant in this way?
Massie
Neophyte
Member # 107987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Massie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that there are lots of questions of this type flying around and I know it might be stupid of me to ask once more, but I'm just so worried and I've been researching about it but all answers seem to vary. So I've decided to post my own question explaining what happened and hoping to get some genuine help.

So this is what happened.

Somedays ago I was at my boyfriend's house and we were fooling around - dry humping and mutual masturbating. I know that dry humping will not lead to pregnancy, what I'm worried about is the masturbating part. So he was fingering me and in the middle he touched his penis to adjust it and then back to finger me. My first question is, could there have been sperm on his penis before he even ejaculated? He said his penis was dry and I heard that sperm cannot live when it's dry? Then I gave him a ha****b and he ejaculated on the paper towel that he had placed beneath. I'm not sure if I had any semen on my hand but it felt dry, and immediately I put on my underpant, could there have been sperm transmitted to my vagina via my hand and my underpant? Later on, we fooled around even more and we dry humped with only our underwears on, but he had a condom on his penis for precautions. What worries me is that the condom wasn't exactly put on perfectly well, could some sperm come into contact with my vagina while we were dry humping and he was rubbing on me and that would impregnate me? However, after that he ejaculated into the condom but I felt something wet on my fingers but it could have been the substance on the condom. Overall, there was no real penetration and we both don't remember any semen coming into direct contact with my vagina, but when we're lost in the moment we could've been unaware if any accidents of such sort could happen. We are both virgins and I know it was pretty stupid for us to do that. I have been bothering my boyfriend about this since yesterday because I'm really scared to get pregnant! Any comment of criticism is not needed because we already regret it and feel awful enough. Anyways, it would be really appreciated if anyone could give some help, possibly from first hand experience and set our minds at ease. Please be as detailed as possible, I don't want to fall pregnant!

However, I was really freaked out so I took the morning after pill the next day. It's the 2 pills of 0.75mg of levorongestel taken 12 hours apart. But I'm still concerned and I know it's absurd of me. Please give me your opinions and help me?

My period is due next week or so and I'm really afraid it won't appear! I just can't be pregnant, there's no way I'd get out of it alive. Also I've been fatigued everyday but it could be because of the studies.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Massie, and welcome to Scarleteen.

Have you seen this article yet? It will tell you the risks of the activities you're describing: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Also note that one of the side effects of Emergency Contraception is often a change in your cycle, so if your period doesn't show up when you're expecting it that isn't a sign that you're pregnant. You can read more about it here: Emergency Contraception or in the information that should have come with the medication.

Posts: 1318 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Massie
Neophyte
Member # 107987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Massie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the reply.

Yes I have read all the articles about Pregnancy scare, Risk of pregnancy and so on.
But I'm still paranoid, I guess that's just what I am.
I think I just needed honest and sincere opinions. So do you think I am definitely not pregnant?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my answer won't be different from what those articles say. If you look at that article I linked to you under dry humping, manual sex, and mutual masturbation, you'll see that they all carry the same level of pregnancy risk. So, based on what you read in those articles, what do you think your risk level is?

It sounds like there was no direct contact between bare genitals here, and in that case it doesn't make a difference how well the condom was put on, since you both also had clothes on.

Posts: 1318 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Massie
Neophyte
Member # 107987

No we only had underwears on. I'm just really worried and paranoid.
But since I took the morning after pill it would kill the minute possibility, if there is any, right?

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

A morning after pill is overkill when there hasn't been a pregnancy risk in the first place, to be sure. But when there is a risk then yes, they're very effective.

Since you have read all of our material that makes it clear that you didn't have a risk, do you have a sense of why you're so worried still?

Massie
Neophyte
Member # 107987

But like, he was rubbing his penis in between my legs and above my underwear near to my vulva. I'm worried that the condom might have slipped off for a moment or precum has leaked out. So I took the pill.

Anyways, I guess you're right and I should stop stressing and patiently wait for my period to come.

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Just remember that, as I said, your cycle will very likely be a bit irregular for a while. Don't let that worry you more. =)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.