Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » dry sex and STIs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dry sex and STIs
asm4
Neophyte
Member # 107780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asm4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was fooling around with a guy the other night in my bed. Both of us were in our underwear and all we did was kiss. In the morning, I noticed he had an erection rubbing against my back/butt area. Again, all of this is while wearing underwear. I'm--probably irrationally--asking if I could contract any kind of STI from this. I'm assuming the presence of precum and that it could have possibly come into contact with my skin in the back/butt area through my underwear. He was nowhere near my vagina or actual anus. Really just on the outside of my butt. I know what we did is very low risk and I've already read your guidelines. I've seen similar questions about this kind of behavior regarding pregnancy risks but never about STIs.

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi asm4,

You're right [Smile] What you are describing doesn't pose a risk of pregnancy or STI. Give this page a look (or another look) Can I Get Pregnant or Pass an STI From That?. This is a great page for assessing your risk.

Let me know if you still have question.

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asm4
Neophyte
Member # 107780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asm4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So even a skin-related STI couldn't be passed this way? I'm thinking of herpes, specifically. This is assuming precum could make it through two pairs of underwear. I'm not sure if that acts as some sort of filter.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi asm4 [Smile]

Yes herpes can spread from skin to skin contact but the person would have to be having an outbreak (visible or not). I don't believe that herpes or sperm can pass through two layers of clothes. Again, from what you described it doesn't sound like you are at a risk of either. When in doubt take a look at the article I shared with you above.

Here is another page to check out, Ready or Not. I hope it is useful.

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.