Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant?
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emilym3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so here's the deal... I'm so scared about this and my boyfriend and family and friends all think there's no way but I want an expert opinion... so 3 months ago I got drunk and me and my boyfriend were fooling around naked... (biggest regret ever)... basically there was absolutely no penetration but there was genital to genital contact and a lot of rubbing.. after that he ejaculated on my stomach... btw this was on the last day of my period so cycle day 6/7. anyways so I didn't think much of it until my friend was teasing me saying you could be pregnant (she was joking). but I'm an extremely paranoid person and freaked out so I took plan within 40 hours of the contact. a week after taking the plan b I got a withdrawal bleed (I think?) that lasted like 5 days. my breasts began hurting like 3 weeks after that and I got what I suppose was my real period 2 weeks after my breasts started hurting. now this period was maybe a little lighter than usual but that could be my imagination... there was a flow and it was red and had clots. I still was convinced I was pregnant and looked up every symptom on the web. I think I've bad frequent urination, and breast tenderness and veins in breasts... although I think I'm just a veiny person. I had another period about 3-4 weeks ago and this one seemed normal too but I was convinced it was lighter. I've taken 4 pregnancy tests and they've all been negative but my boobs have hurt on and off this whole time and I think my stomachs getting harder. but I'm a hypochondriac so idk if it's in my head. help please. what's your opinion on my situation? any possibility of pregnancy?
Posts: 41 | From: cal | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey emilym3,

You wrote that you took plan B. Are you aware of the effects plan B can do to your body, specifically, your menstrual cycle? It sounds like what you are describing is just that -- common side effects of plan B. For more information, please take a look at our article about plan B here:

Birth Control Bingo: Emergency Contraception

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emilym3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but I took plan b 3 months ago...
Posts: 41 | From: cal | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

do you know of anyone who's gotten pregnant without penetration?
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

I just thought symptoms would be gone from plan b by now
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you manage to take a look at that link, or even the instructions on the packaging that the plan B came in?

Plan B is extremely concentrated, and has been known to skew women's menstrual cycles to the point that it may take up to several months for the body to get back into its natural rhythms again. However, if you're still relatively young and naturally have irregular periods to begin with, this kind of becomes a moot point. So long as you get some sort of period every month, I don't see any reason to fear potential pregnancy, especially since what you engaged in with your partner did not pose a legitimate risk to begin with.

And aside from the Virgin Mary and her miraculous conception of Jesus, I personally don't know of anyone else who's gotten pregnant without enduring penetration of some sort.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

thanks for your help. yes I did read the packaging and I realize it was bound to mess me up. I just want to make sure these aren't pregnancy symptoms. alright that's good to hear because after reading some other forums online it says that genital to genital contact may pose a risk of pregnancy, and that it has resulted in pregnancy before. do you think this is accurate? because everyone I know says the only way to get pregnant is with intercourse. thanks for your help
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

what do you mean by moot point?
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

help
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like it would be really helpful for you to look at this article: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

You've said you have taken four pregnancy tests and all have been negative. That's your big sign that any other symptoms or issues you're experiencing are not pregnancy-related.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

I read it but I'm just wondering if at this point with the no penetration, periods, and negative hpt's if pregnancy I possible?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, we're saying that the answer to that is no, it would not be.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

ok thanks for your help!
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

how long can breasts hurt before starting your period?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That varies from person to person: anywhere from a few days to a week or more.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

is it also fairly unlikely to get pregnant the day your period ends too ?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, maybe, or yes.

In other words, people's fertility cycles vary. For many people, intercourse around the time a period has ended or shortly thereafter will be a higher-risk time, for others, lower. Unless you chart your own cycles over time to see when you ovulate, we -- or you -- can't know what the case is with you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

so I got my period... I think. it's not really red it's more pink and it's not as heavy as usual.. I'm thinking this is a bad sign. this is my 3rd period
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see any reason to see this as a bad sign; it's very common for periods to vary in length and heaviness, and lighter periods can look more pink than red.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

so you don't see a cause for a pregnancy concern?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. You've taken multiple tests and had three periods, and a very small risk to start with.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

and plan b could make your period act up for a bit right?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

As Patricia already mentioned, yes, Plan B can have that effect.

--------------------

emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

ok sorry for asking so many questions. I just have exciting things ahead of me and I'm tired of worrying about something this stupid. I tend to be a hypochondriac
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

I understand that you're worried, but our answers aren't going to change. If you continue to be concerned about this, it might be worth talking to a counselor or healthcare provider about your anxiety.

--------------------

emilym3
Activist
Member # 107331

alright thank you for answering my questions. the only reason I was concerned was because of my symptoms but I realize the mind can play tricks on you
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

It absolutely can. [Smile]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.