Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Should I just see another doctor?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I just see another doctor?
LittleMissO
Neophyte
Member # 101116

Icon 11 posted      Profile for LittleMissO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was on hormonal birth control birth control for 3 full cycles but stopped as it made me miserable, gain weight, and develop acid re-flux.
I used to have perfect 28 day cycles, but since stopping they're been all between 20-27 and only 1-3 days and they used to be a full 5. I stopped having sex for awhile , but when I resumed I used a condom every time without fail and even withdrew well before ejaculation. Meaning we only really used it for pre-***.
I haven't had sex period in the last month , but this period was the shortest it's ever been. I asked my doctor about it and she just keeps claiming its side effects from quitting the pill. I just don't think so though, my body is very much "off" feeling. Nausea occasionally, but I've actually lost weight and went down a bra size and I have no appetite since I started summer break in may. I'm not sure what to do.

--------------------
Miss O

Posts: 38 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your doctor has examined you since these symptoms, and hasn't found any other reason or likely cause for them, chances are she's right.

It's not unusual for people to feel and be pretty off for a few cycles after going off hormonal contraception.

By all means, you can always seek out a second opinion, with anything, but unless this keeps up for another month or two, or you have symptoms that couldn't be related to this, I'd personally wait it out some more and see.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissO
Neophyte
Member # 101116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMissO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a plan. Thanks !

--------------------
Miss O

Posts: 38 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.