Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Long question: blood clots, period during pregnancy and more!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Long question: blood clots, period during pregnancy and more!
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! I am back yet again [Razz]

I've posted on here before about a few topics I was definitely not clear about and I'm glad this website gave me some clarity!

Anyways, this is kinda gonna be a super duper long question because I haven't been here in so long that I just wanna get it all out [Smile]

So, basically in March I kinda cheated on my boyfriend which really just made me disappointed in myself. I had "dry sex" with my ex and I did perform oral. I obviously regret it so so much and ugh, it was just horrible guys! I'm not too sure, but I THINK I might have been on my period or finishing it because I remember that I didn't wanna have sex with him for some reason and I think that might have been it! Although we didn't have sex, his bare penis did rub up on my sweats or jeans, whatever I was wearing that day. I don't think he ejaculated either because when I did perform oral, he wanted to ejaculate and I said no and he said he hadn't done so in a long time. (TMI, sorry!)

SO, I got my period in April I'm sure and all these months leading up to this very day! These past two months, I've gotten it on the 16th-ish. And it'll start off kinda heavy and dark and just... period like and then it won't be as bad by the 3rd ish day? I don't even remember if I had blood clots this past period and i heard thats a sign of no pregnancy!

Why is pregnancy a thought??... well I saw a show yesterday called "I didn't know I was pregnant." and this girl was soooo skinny and didn't have ANY symptoms or anything and then she turned out to be 7 months pregnant when going to the doctors and she would get her period every month and she had no idea. And it got me thinking, what if I'm pregnant this whole time? (Is that show even real? haha!)

So, how common is it for girls to not know they're pregnant? And can you really get a period every month and still be pregnant? Do blood clots determine no pregnancy? Why is my period not the way it used to be a while ago.. or am I just looking too deep into it?

And lastly, if I've been getting a "period" for these months after March, should pregnancy even BE a question?

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER IS READING AND RESPONDING TO THIS! You guys are the best!

Posts: 26 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend that you stay WELL AWAY from "I didn't know I was pregnant"! That show is sure to make even the most chilled-out about pregnancy start to wonder! Honestly, people who go for a long period of time without realising they're pregnant have something going on -- they often have a mental illness or are deeply depressed, or abuse substances (alcoholics, drug users), or disassociate from their bodies for other reasons, so they do not notice changes to their bodies that most other people WILL notice. So being pregnant for months without realising it? Is not something you have to worry about if you pay any attention at all to your body and the way it works.

And no, there is just no way that you can get a period and still be pregnant. In some instances, there can be bleeding during pregnancy but it is not a period and will not usually resemble a period -- if bleeding is as heavy as a period, lasts about as long as a period, comes about when your period is due, then you can be sure that it's your period.

I saw that in your previous threads you've been linked to our info on pregnancy scares. Perhaps now is a good time to re-read Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul [Smile]

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so late on this response! But I actually got my period on Friday and for some reason I feel like it's not the same anymore. I have a 29 day cycle so although it usually comes on the 17th it came on the 14th but I checked the calendar and I'm not early at all I suppose.

I usually clot when I have my period but this time, I got tiny tiny blood clots instead. I haven't had sex in over a year except dry sex but that doesn't count [Razz]
There's NO way I could be pregnant over dry sex that happened 3 months ago right?
And are the blood clots actually called blood clots?

Posts: 26 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There shouldn't be any pregnancy possibility over that.

And yes, blood clots are commonly called blood clots.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 215 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to be clear, the clotting we experience in menstrual blood is usually little bits of tissue from the uterine lining, not blood clots like people get in their circulatory system (veins and arteries).

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.