Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Is this a pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this a pregnancy risk?
cj5576
Neophyte
Member # 107730

Icon 11 posted      Profile for cj5576     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earlier this week me and my bf were messing around in bed. I'm a little worried because while i was giving him a hand job i felt some of his precum and not long after that without thinking i touched the lips of my vagina as he was fingering me. I've read around the internet and have gotten mixed answers.. some say its possible to get pregnant this way others say its impossible. I'm due to have my period this week but haven't however i've been spotting (but i've read about implantation bleeding? so that has me worried as well). I've told my bf my fears but he assures me its all in my head and to stop worrying. I'd just like some clarification or maybe someone to just flat out tell me if its possible or not?

The handjob and fingering was all we did that night so there was no penetration at all.

[ 06-16-2013, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: cj5576 ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi cj5576,

I think you will find these pages really helpful. Pregnancy Scared and Can I Get Pregnant or Get or Pass an STD From That? Let me know if you still have questions after reading through it.

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cj5576
Neophyte
Member # 107730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cj5576     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You! I'm a little confused with what it means by direct contact. Like, is it only direct contact if the penis/vulva contact each other or does direct contact include transferring fluids by touch (like i did?) :/
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question cj5576. Direct contact means the fluids coming in direct contact with the vulva. So fluids on fingers coming into contact with the vulva poses no pregnancy risk (sperm cannot survive) and a low risk of STD transmission. Does that clear things up for you?

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cj5576
Neophyte
Member # 107730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cj5576     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes it does, thank you so much. So I guess it really was in my head. thanks Haleigh.
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

You're very welcome. I'm glad that we were able to put your mind at ease.

--------------------
Haleigh

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.