Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Just really curious about this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just really curious about this
Retro52
Neophyte
Member # 105177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retro52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again,
I'm curious about alcohol and sex. A friend of mine was drinking the other night and our guy friend took her home. She said she remembered all but about 5 minutes of when he took her home but said she's nervous because she can't remember that 5 minutes and is scared maybe she had sex with him. It seems impossible to me that if you couldn't remember a 5 minute period and that was all you couldn't remember, that you could have had sex in that time and not know it. Is she just being paranoid? It is it possible? I told her I didn't think it was possible but I'm no expert of course and now it's got me curious.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi There,

Well, it's certainly possible that *something* sexual happened in those five minutes. Alcohol can lower inhibitions, and impact memory. That doesn't mean that the something sexual was intercourse.

Is there anything specific that is making her worried that there was sexual activity besides just not being able to remember that five minute stretch of time?Beyond that, we really couldn't say one way or another what happened with your friend.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Retro52
Neophyte
Member # 105177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retro52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No she says she has no reason to believe something happened she just usually doesn't forget things so I think it got her nervous. She's really scared by pregnancy so that doesn't help. And I don't believe she would do it I think she was just concerned. I know alcohol lowers inhibitions it just seems impossible that you could remember all around a 5 minute window. But I could be wrong, that's why I was curious
Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drinking alcohol can lead people to have hazy memory or even lapses in memory.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Retro52
Neophyte
Member # 105177

Okay thanks

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.