Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Ovulation and pregnanacy scared? :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ovulation and pregnanacy scared? :(
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello i am new to this site, hopefully i used this correctly.

I took the morning after pill an hour or two before engaging in another sexual activity. My last period was May 30, and these past few days ive been ovulating. After taking the morning after pill, my bf and i dry humped together. I was wearing jeans and thin panties, he was wearing boxers and jeans. Things were getting pretty heated and my own vaginal fluid soaked through my jeans, to the point where i could feel it by simply touching it outside.He told me he felt was pretty wet from his own precum, so my question is can the moistness of my own vaginal fluid help his sperm pass through my clothing and into my vagina since i was super wet? Sounds stupid i know but im paranoid and i just need some honest answers.

Another thing to point out, with his hands he was rubbing my jean covered vagina (i was still super moist) and he MIGHT have hadprecum on his fingers. Im sure it was dry, but lets just say he did. Still any risk? Would the moistness of my fluids help it seep through?

Please can someone help me? Ive been so worried :/ also i am considering on taking birth control soon to be safer. I just need to know if i posed any pregnanacy risk here. Thank you.
Your response is ever so grateful to me. [Frown]

I know this question has been posted many times, but i need to hear an answer personally. I cant really explain this incident to my parents or anyone else.

P.S does taking plan b an hour or two before the incident protect me somehow?

Thank you

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there Anne. Welcome to Scarleteen.

The short answers here are that you and your partner did not engage in a high pregnancy risk activity, and that plan B is not meant to be taken prior to an incident, but after, and only in cases where you engaged in unprotected intercourse or some other failure of protection, e.g. the condom breaks.

If you'd like more information regarding your question, please take a look at the resources I've gathered for you below.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Pass on an STI from that?

This one is so you can assess your own risk based on what type of activity you did.

Birth Control Bingo: Emergency Contraception

This is so you can better understand how emergency contraception works, and how to use it the way it was intended for by its manufacturers.

Where Did I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

This one is kind of in line with the first one, just to make sure you know how a pregnancy does and does not occur.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 231 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay thanks for the quick reply, so i should be fine right? Even though i was ovulating at the time?

Im just worried because i was pretty wet :/ but i had my jeans on the whole time.

And when you say not a high pregnanacy risk, do you mean i still have a chance of getting pregnant?

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you manage to take a look at those links?

Because of the nature of the age group of users we work with (being really young and fertile), we can't say that there is an absolute 0% chance of pregnancy. Really, we wish we could and make everyone feel better, but we can't. All we can really say is that, compared to a high risk situation -- having direct genital to genital intercourse without protection and with ejaculation from the penis into the vagina -- you are at a very, very, very, very super duper low risk...that isn't 0%, but comes close.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 231 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne Gotham     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did look at them. They sort of helped.

Actually though to make things clearer, we didnt engage in dry humping for too long. If he tried humping me, it was only for a second or two and i would push him off. It wasn't consistent. Plus, he never ejaculated before it happened or while it happened. He just said he was a little aroused and felt a little wet from his pre cum fluid. which i have heard that doesnt consist of so much sperm right?

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really doesn't matter how long dry humping happened for, if you were ovulating, or whether your boyfriend ejaculated or not - the pregnancy risk from that activity isn't going to change.

Like Patricia said above, we know that a very specific set of activities can cause pregnancy, and none of them involve layers of clothing between genitals. When we say in an article here that a sexual activity has "no risk" for pregnancy, as in that first article linked above, then you can feel pretty safe.

Posts: 1316 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anne Gotham
Neophyte
Member # 107720

Okay thank you so much for putting my mind at ease (: Both your help and replies were greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.