Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Fear of Impregnating a woman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fear of Impregnating a woman
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wawamekare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all thank you scarleteen for continuing your advocacy on providing reliable sex education. Here is my question, I'm already having a fear of impregnating a woman. I don't know what's the term for that because I can't find it on the internet. It started from my past experience about my girlfriend who is incidentally missing her periods every moment we engage on dry humping. Today, I'm afraid to share blanket with her with the fear that I may have put a smell semen on it especially when I'm feeling like I need to urinate and then use it and it will have a contact on her vagina. I'm also afraid to touch her hand after I urinate in the fear that I have semen on my hands and eventually she needs to take a bath or urinate also and clean up her vagina something like that. I'm also afraid of having a small contact between my penis and her butt especially on crowded areas that we need to be close with each other. Can you help me with my problem? does all of these possess a chance of pregnancy?? Is there a specific term for this fear? I'll appreciate your answer vary much.
Posts: 15 | From: Philippines | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi wawamekare,

To start with, do you feel comfortable with the facts of how pregnancy does and doesn't happen? In other words, do you think these fears are happening even though you know that what you fear can't actually happen or are you still afraid that it can?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey wawamekare, I'm not sure what the technical name is for the phobia, but I would just describe it as it is if you were seeking help.

As you know none of what you describe poses a pregnancy risk. You already understand your feelings as a phobia, so questioning that and finding ways to treat that would be the route I'd encourage you to follow.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wawamekare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry about my last thread about dry humping. It's because my fear that its causing me this. I cant't remove the anxiety especially if her periods are getting late. Please reply to this question pls? Here it is, she sat on my lap and dry humped but we put comforter between us folded in 8 layers. I couldn't reach orgasm so we already stopped there already. After that I'm getting paranoid again because I keep on thinking that what if I pre-ejaculated on the comforter and she accidentally had it in contact with her genital but with shorts and underwear. Is this possible to cause pregnancy? It's the 10th day of her cycle that day and she usually has 32 day cycle but sperm can live up to 5 days and if ever it can live up to day 15 which is her fertile period. Thanks for the answer.
Posts: 15 | From: Philippines | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We need to set and hold a limit around continuing to effectively answer the same questions. Again, these are not the ways pregnancy happens.

Really, you're clear this is about anxiety, not lack of facts, and anxiety obscuring your confidence in facts. So, your next step is to address the persistent anxiety with someone qualified to do that, like a mental healthcare provider or a general doctor.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.