Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pre Cum pregnancy possibility?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pre Cum pregnancy possibility?
JulieW123321
Neophyte
Member # 108330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JulieW123321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone. So yesterday my boyfriend and I were fooling around before sex. He was on top of me and we of course were both naked. Somehow, his penis sort of just went inside me without a condom. I was wrapped around him and it just happened. It didn't go far in at all but it was scary. He pulled out quickly and went and put on a condom. We proceeded to have sex and didn't think anything of it. When I got home, I started getting scared about any pre cum being on his penis when the tip of it entered me. He assured me I had nothing to worry about even though I am not on birth control. I am actually at my lowest fertility, and my period should be coming in a few days. However, I am becoming more and more scared about a possible pregnancy. I know even though it is very unlikely to become pregnant from pre cum, that there is a small chance. I have read very different opinions, ranging from 'don't worry about it', to 'go take plan b right now'. My boyfriend said it happened to him before with an ex and that she did not become pregnant. It was a genuine accident what my boyfriend and I did and I'd like people to know we are extremely strict about contraceptives. We have never had unprotected sex. Even when he's just on top of me,I make him go put one on just to avoid problems like this. Again, it was just the head of his penis but I'm still worried. Any help would be much appreciated.
Posts: 2 | From: Califorina | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Julie, you're right that it's unlikely but it is still possible and also still poses an STI risk. I wouldn't say "go get plan b", in that shouty way, because taking it doesn't need to be panicky, but it is your main option if you want to further reduce the chance of getting pregnant.

You know even with totally unprotected PIV sex, with full on ejaculation people are more likely to not get pregnant from that, there just exists a significant risk, and what we can do is stuff to reduce that, but in any situation the fact that someone didn't get pregnant from something doesn't make it an effective method, because chances are that's what happens with all ineffective methods until one finds oneself well and truly pregnant.

However yep, it is a smaller risk than the usual withdrawal method, combined with cycle watching, where your partner would tend to go in deeper for longer... it wouldn't be fair however to say that it's 100% no risk.

Your options here are to wait and take a pregnancy test on the first day of your new cycle to make sure you're not pregnant or take plan b to better your odds... but either way it is still up to you. Chances are it's ok, but you also have some tools to make sure of that.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JulieW123321
Neophyte
Member # 108330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JulieW123321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your reply. If it makes any difference, my bf urinated before it happened. Also, I gave oral sex and pre cum has come out during. Does this lessen my risks of becoming pregnant through pre cum? I am scared of taking plan b and not needing it.
Posts: 2 | From: Califorina | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, there is really no way we can give you an exact percentage for that risk, Julie. There is just no way to know, and the best we can tell you is that you did have a risk, though it is likely low. We also can't make the decision for you whether you want to take EC or not: that's a judgement call you need to make.

However, you should also know that the bigger risk from that scenario is that of STI transmission. So if you two are not up to date on your testing, now is a good time to get caught up.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.