Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Implantation or Plan B symptoms or What?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Implantation or Plan B symptoms or What?
ParanoidConfused
Activist
Member # 102977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParanoidConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I've posted here a lot and you guys have answered every single one of my questions involving my crappy decisions. This will probably be my last question for a while because we've decided to abstain from sex until I can be more responsible and less panicky.

What happened: My gf took NextChoice One-Dose (Plan B) early in her cycle last month and had her period on April 16. Cue a week and a half after this where we decide to have sex and the condom slips off. I continue for like 20 seconds without noticing before I realize what happened. I had not ejaculated, but I put on a fresh condom and finished the deed after. Fast forward to this week and she experienced light cramping and alot of clear cervical mucus. Yesterday she had some light brown spotting.

My question is, what is the light brown spotting? Is it mid-cycle bleeding, because this week seemed like her fertile week. Is it Implantation bleeding? Or is it just random side effects from Plan B?

I know I've posted a lot of similar things before. I've taken charge of that now and we're abstaining until I get a hold of myself. She agreed to test monday to help reassure me.

Thanks in advance for putting up with me. This site is probably the only place I can think of to ask these types of questions. Thanks again for everything.

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ParanoidConfused,

We can't possibly tell you what the bleeding was, since we're not psychic. [Smile]

However, one of the side effects of Plan B is changes to the menstrual cycle, which include periods coming earlier or later than expected, spotting between periods, and so on.

From what you've said, the last sexual intercourse was at the beginning of May. If this spotting just happened, there's no way it could be implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is really rare anyway, so I'd put that way at the bottom of any list for reasons for bleding at any time.

Also, while your girlfriend is having clear mucus which does often signal ovulation, unless she's been charting her cycles daily for several months there's really no way to know if that's what it means for her. So, there's really no way of accurately saying that this is her fertile week.

Does all this help?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ParanoidConfused
Activist
Member # 102977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParanoidConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my bad, the date I put there is wrong, I meant to say May 16.

But yes, this does help clear things up a bit.

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.