Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Touching Clitoirs=Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Touching Clitoirs=Pregnancy?
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jparanoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good day. This would be my first time in Scarlet Teen and recently I have been checking this website to learn more about sexual education. However, the past week I have been stressed out of my mind due to an incident that happened to me and my girlfriend. LastlastFriday, during cycle day 13, I ended up rubbing her clitoris with my fingers. At that time I thought it was just nothing, but a few days after, I realized that I could have had some precum on my fingers. However, my girlfriend was the one who did a handjob on me, but I did not touch my penis. I am just grealty concerned about my hand possibly hitting it by accident. In addition to this, I also did not ejaculate during that session, but only had precum, which was the transparent stuff.
Based on these facts, my question then would be whether she could get pregnant from me rubbing her clitoris with my finger that could have had some precum on them. I did not however insert my finger inside her hole and have not done so ever. Hoping for your prompt response. Thank you:)

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards, jparanoid. [Smile]

Have you started by looking at one of our pages like this one to assess this risk yourself?

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

If not, why don't you check that out first. If you have, since that answers this question just like we would here, perhaps you can let us know what's still missing for you with this?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an article about the risks of pregnancy/STI transmission of various sexual activities, including manual sex: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? It may be a good idea to take a look through this, possibly with your partner, before the two of you are sexual again so you can be on the same page about what you're willing to do together and the risks, or lack thereof, of those activities.

If you have questions after reading that article, come on back and we can try to clarify things. =)

[ 06-03-2013, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Molias ]

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jparanoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have certainly read that, as well as the article on Pregnancy Scared? However, my concern is would this be counted as vaginal fluid sharing?
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jparanoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, my partner and I have talked about sexual activities already and we decided to refrain from doing them until the time that we can be fully responsible for our own actions. I am just worried about this recent incident. Actually, my girlfriend isn't even thinking about it, I just can't get it off my mind whether or not I got her pregnant
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It counts as manual sex: it's not tasting or ingesting vaginal fluids (which isn't an issue with causing pregnancy, regardless).

For sure, it's a much better idea to wash your hands before touching someone's genitals, but that's most about germs and infections, not about pregnancy.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Okay. Thank you heather. So therefore I should not worry about this because without ejaculation, direct penetration, and direct genital contact of any kind it's just now how someone gets pregnant right?
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Oh and lastly, when you say that manual sex does not pose any risk, this also takes into account situations where someone would have precum on their fingers while having manual sex?
Heather
Member # 3

Yep to both your responses. [Smile]

Like I said, I personally suggest washing your hands before touching people's genitals, just like you wash your hands before eating. It helps spare your partner from bacterial infections and UITs, and in my book, it's just plain old basic good manners.

But babies from this is something you can check off your list of worries. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

I actually do wash my hands before touching someone elses genitals. during this time i touched her clitoris then i unzipped my pants. at that process, i did not know if any precum got on my hands then i rubbed her clitoris again. haha. thank you though for your time and patience with my paranoia:)
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Just a last follow up question, regarding pregnancy risks, in my situation, even if I inserted my finger, which probably had a bit of precum, in her vagina that still would not create a pregnancy right? Because in order for there to be a pregnancy, there needs to be direct genital to genital contact, direct semen contact on a vulva (ejaculating straight on a vulva), and actually having sex right?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's correct. Any of those three scenarios can potentially lead to Pregnancy. Fingering cannot.

Just to be clear: all sexual activities are sex. When you say "having sex" I think you're referring to intercourse, which is just one of many sexual activities.

[ 06-04-2013, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Thank you very much:) Your credible answers have made me feel a lot better:) Due to my lack of sexual education, i was really worried that a scenario like that could lead to me getting my girlfriend pregnant but now i know that it can't:)
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Sorry to post here again, but when do pregnancy symptoms usually start? My gf's period is suppose to start this coming sunday and this week she has been complaining about her breasts become larger and hurting a bit. Aside from this, just today she complained of having lower back pain, but i'm not sure if it's a pregnancy symptom or because of her workout at the gym. Since what we did was not an activity that can cause a pregnancy, I should not worry right? Just a last bit of information, the incident occurred on May 24, so it's been almost 2 weeks since then
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Cause as was mentioned above my situation only involves the possibility of having precum on my hands and stimulating her clitoris. I did not put my finger inside her vaginal hole, there was no direct genital to genital contact, nor was there any direct ejaculation from the penis to the vulva...
I'm really sorry for continually repeating what i post. I just feel so guilty about what i did.

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, instead of talking about something that, according to the facts you've already learned from the information we've provided you, just isn't a possibility, how about we talk about these guilty feelings you're having? Have you shared with your girlfriend that you're feeling guilty? What kinds of things usually help you when you feel upset or guilty about other things?

[ 06-06-2013, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jparanoid
Activist
Member # 107607

Yes i have and we decided that we should fight the temptation to do so. Usually during these circumstances to stop feeling guilty and upset, I seek reassurance from my friends regarding what I did. As of now, my guilt has lowered a bit, but I just can't seem to get off my mind that I potentially greatly affected the lives of two families:(
Heather
Member # 3

You know, I think that you're escalating this to something that isn't sound or reasonable.

For sure, it sounds like you're not feeling good about your choices here. And only you can know why that is. Taking responsibility is great, but we want to make sure we're not taking responsibility for things we're not actually responsible for.

I'd try and ground evaluating your feelings about this in reality, and that reality didn't include taking any risk of pregnancy, nor anything that sounds like it probably has, or would have had, any impact on anyone besides the two of you.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.