Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Should I be worried, or am I being silly?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I be worried, or am I being silly?
worriestoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 107612

Icon 11 posted      Profile for worriestoomuch         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel kind of silly asking this. I have alreasy asked my boyfriend and he told me there isn't a risk of pregnancy. I also was on a few other question forums and they too said not to worry. However, I will not stop worrying until I hear it from an expert. Ok first off I want to say I am a virgin and so is my boyfriend. We have not participated in any type of sexual activity. However, about two weeks ago, my hand was below his pants, and I was rubbing his leg. I only intended on rubbing his leg, but he moved which caused my to accidently touch the bottom of his penis. Apparently I barely touched it, because I didn't even realize I had done this until my boyfriend told me. Which wasn't until I came back from the bathroom several minutes after this happened. I have been so worried that maybe there was pre-cum on my fingers and that it might have gotten in my vagina when I was wiping myself in the bathroom. I asked my boyfriend about it and he told me that there wasn't any pre-cum in that area and even if there was, I touched the bottom of his penis so there wouldn't be any there. I honestly do not remember anything being on my fingers, but I can't stop worrying that I might have gotten pregnant from this. I know it sounds silly, but I can't stop worrying. I was supposed to get my period a day after this happened but didn't. Usually I wouldn't worry cause I tend to be irregular but this scenario has caused me to freak out. So could you please help me put my worries to rest. Is there any reason to be worried? Could I have gotten pregnant from this incident?

[ 06-04-2013, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: worriestoomuch ]

Posts: 33 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi worriestoomuch, welcome to scarleteen! How about you take a look at these articles first, as they will help you out a lot here.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
Pregnancy Scared?
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriestoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 107612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worriestoomuch         Edit/Delete Post 
I read the article. From what I read, there is no chance of pregnancy, right? [Smile]

[ 06-04-2013, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: worriestoomuch ]

Posts: 33 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's correct, not a risk here.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriestoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 107612

So if my bofriend fixed himself (happened to have pre-cum on his fingers) then touched me above the underwear or on my inner thigh, this too would not be a pregnancy risk, right?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on what you've read, what do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriestoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 107612

There is no pregnancy risk. Sorry I know I am asking too many silly questions I already know the answers too. Thanks though for helping [Smile]
worriestoomuch
Neophyte
Member # 107612

Ok I know you told me there is no pregnancy risk what so ever from these scenarios. However, I was wondering if you could better inform me on your pregnancy risk articles. I remember a teacher of mine once said a girl could become pregnant if a guy ejaculated on her leg because the sperm can swim into the vagina. However, based on your articles this is incorrect. I am just wondering why a person couldn't get pregnant if there happened to be precum or semen on a finger and the finger touched the vagina area. Is it because the sperm have been exposed to air? I would really appreciate if someone could better inform me, that way I can be more careful in any activity I may decide to participate in. Thanks in advance [Smile]

[ 06-08-2013, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: worriestoomuch ]

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi worriestoomuch,

Yes, what your teacher said was incorrect. Unless what she meant was right next to the vulva, there's no way sperm can "swim" up a leg into the vagina.

This article explains more of how reproduction works, and I think reading it might make things clearer for you.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.