Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Painful initially?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Painful initially?
Anieke5656
Neophyte
Member # 97424

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Anieke5656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! So, I have been sexually active for less than a year, and I have recently become intimate with my new boyfriend. I have been on Beyaz since late October, taking it the same time and being very vigilant with it (just by the way). Initially, insertion was extremely painful near the caliber of pain to losing my virginity, which was too painful to even have full insertion. (Note: I've been with two previous partners multiple times, each time initial insertion is rather painful as are certain positions). After a little bit, it was all right.

Is there anything I can do about this? It's not the fact there isn't enough lubrication, because I don't have issues with that thanks to personal lubricant. Thank you in advance!

Posts: 23 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Anieke5656,

Since this is something that tends to happen for you with new partners, I'm wondering if you think you feel nervous or stressed about the first time having intercourse with a new person? Any sort of nervousness or stress can lead to muscle tension which can affect the pelvic muscles, making penetration difficult, painful, or both.

I was going to suggest a good water-based lubricant, but since you're already using something, too much friction likely isn't the issue here.

There are several ideas and things to consider in these two articles. I'd suggest taking a look and seeing if anything jumps out at you as something that you have or haven't been doing.

Once you do that, we'll have a place to start with trying to figure this out.

From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

Yield for Pleasure

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anieke5656
Neophyte
Member # 97424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anieke5656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, generally it takes me a bit to be comfortable enough and I've never felt nervous.

And thank you for the articles! Upon reading them, we have good communication during sex and I feel incredibly comfortable with him in telling him if I don't like or enjoy something. So I'm thinking maybe it may just be a medical thing? I don't know.

All I know is that I don't want to be having to worry about pain every time I have sex, haha.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the past, how long has it taken before the penetration has stopped being painful?

In terms of a medical problem, have you had a gynecological exam before?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anieke5656
Neophyte
Member # 97424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anieke5656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes maybe a couple minutes or so, I guess until it stretches a little. And, yes I have. When I went to get birth control I had already had sex, and she did a pelvic exam as well as a test called "Chlamydia/GC Amplification" according to my receipt stub. It came back negative. I turn 21 in September, so I'm assuming then is when I schedule a pap smear.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.