Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Is this normal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this normal
Michael1300
Neophyte
Member # 107786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael1300     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend seems to bleed the day after I finger her it happened every time is this normal should we stop should she see a doctor
Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael1300 and welcome to the Scarleteen message boards,

It's not unusual for someone to experience some bleeding after fingering sometimes, but if it's happening every time, that's a pretty good indication that something needs to change. However, that doesn't mean you need to stop that sexual activity or that your girlfriend necessarily needs to see a doctor.

Just to check, how many times are we talking about here?

Is the day after this sexual activity the only time your girlfriend experiences random bleeding (aside from her periods, if she gets them yet)? I'm asking just to see if this is related to the fingering or if it's a coincidence.

I'm also wondering how much bleeding we're talking about here. Is it a lot of blood, or just a little?

The genitals are really quite delicate and sensitive, so they can easily get irritated, or scratched by a fingernail, which could be the cause of the bleeding. One way to reduce the risk of irritation is to use a lubricant. Do you use a lubricant during fingering? If not, you can get one at the drugstore.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.