Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Moving on...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving on...
vaLLey_1996
Neophyte
Member # 107678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vaLLey_1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so even when I don't like drama, seems like I got caught in the middle of my own.

Ok, all of you were right about that what happened was not the end of the world. I got it.

After having very lousy sex, I finally talked to the "awesome" prospect I was dating. Wasn't so awesome at the end. He felt sorry about me, like pity sorry about me. And didn't like the idea that I was in need of some "fixing" (still dealing with the word).

Anyway, at least my parents are handling the situation better. They whisper less wich is always good.

Just wanted to share this because I don't talk about this often with anyone around. And well, you always seem to care.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI vaLLey_1996,

I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing here. [Smile]

Was "fixed" the word used by the person you were dating?

I'm also glad to hear you feel more comfortable around your parents.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vaLLey_1996
Neophyte
Member # 107678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vaLLey_1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Robin!

Well the actual term he used was: "Girl you need some serious fixing", that because I told him what happened tome and that I needed to be careful about the triggers.

I wonder if, like Heather said, its going to take a loooong time (maybe decades) you know? Even finding someone who is comfortable with me and my past.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it might take time, but that has to do with them, not with you. The reality is that most of us have complex or complicated pasts in some way or another, and that the ability to accept, and be able to deal with something like that in a relationship, does take a certain kind of person.

While I take issue with the way he phrased it to you (you're a human being, not a car that needs repairs) I do think it's good that you know now, at the outset, that this just isn't something he is able and willing to have in his life right now.

It sounds like you're relatively at peace with where things are right now. Is there anything it would be helpful to discuss at this point?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vaLLey_1996
Neophyte
Member # 107678

It's not that I am at peace, but I don't want to give anyone the power to make me feel ashamed of what happened. I've worked so hard for a whole year, to understand that (like I said in my first post) I am more than this.

It does not feel cool someone telling you that you are damaged in so many ways but, I will find the way to "fix" it.

The good thing is I don't have to worry about being ready for sex maybe until I am 40. And by then maybe I am not going to be interested in trying.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I hear you, and yes, you are so very much more than this.

I think you're pretty awesome, actually. If you need anything as you go through this journey, you know where we are. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.