Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Could Sperm Pass Through Clothes and Get Positive Pregnancy Test?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could Sperm Pass Through Clothes and Get Positive Pregnancy Test?
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wawamekare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I were dry humping. She usually wear shorts and underwear while I'm wearing jeans and underwear. I eventually ejaculated and I was like 10 seconds on top of her before I stood up and my jeans is wet and I don't know if her shorts got wet too. After that she missed her period for 3 months and we took a home pregnancy test and I was shocked when she told me the test was positive but the 2nd line is faint. Now I am wondering if it is possible that sperm could travel through my underwear and jeans although i know it is wet going inside her?
We took 2 hpts yesterday which is 1 month after the positive result. We used 2 brands(1 is the same hpt brand we used 1 month ago which came out positive which I also believe it's false positive and the other is a different brand). The 2 turned out negative. Which would we believe? We're confused right now.3 negative and 1 positive with a very faint 2nd line. She hadn't got her period until now.thanks for the answer.

Posts: 15 | From: Philippines | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wawamekare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hanks a lot for that information:). I really appreciate it. I'm just wondering why her period did n't came yet. To clarify Ms. Corinna it is only 1 positive hpt. with a faint line and 3 negative hpt. I'm pretty sure that we didn't do other sexual activities aside from dry humping. I also believe in her that she is loyal to me and is not also sexually assaulted. I'm hoping you'll answer my question because I admit we're not that sexually educated. Thank you very much
Posts: 15 | From: Philippines | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi wawamekare,

There are lots of reasons why someone's period could be late. Is skipping several periods in a row usual for your girlfriend; that is, has this happened for her before?
Here's some information on why a period could be late, or skipped altogether.

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Is this has something to do with pregnancy??
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey wawamekare,

Given how you guys were only dry humping with lots of clothes we can pretty much rule out pregnancy and the article Robin posted describes a lot of the other reasons your girlfriend's period may not be appearing as usual. It'd be worth reading that to help understand what this can be about other than pregnancy.

A faint false positive is relatively rare, but it's why people take another test... after testing twice more you should be able to rely on the results. But given there wasn't any sex to begin with, you can be pretty much certain.

Posts: 693 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

We took another test today which is 6 days after our last test and it says negative. Is the last test we took today reliable and can we say that she's not really pregnant?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, pregnancy tests are reliable. You also did not, based on what you described here, have a pregnancy risk. So you can put this worry to rest. [Smile]

Would you like to talk about how to prevent getting so worried in future?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

I'm sorry if I'm really stressed right now because her period doesn't arrived yet until now. We already stopped dry humping for almost 2 months but her period is going 4 months late. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with pregnancy by just doing rubbing each others genitals with clothes on. I can say 100% that we didn't do anything aside from dry humping. Do you think the faint hpt we took 5 weeks ago is a false positive? Because the 3 succeeding test we did says negative same as with the very 1st hpt we tried before that very alarming faint positive.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If you did not do anything else besides dry hump, with clothes on, it's not pregnancy that is making your girlfriend's period not be here yet. Has she spoken with a doctor about her periods? Is it usual for her to go this long (4 months?) without a period?

--------------------
Robin

wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

She got her period late for 3 months but it came last october and then after that she got already her monthly period back but when her period is due on february, her period didn't came, that's why I'm concerned because we dry humped on january after her period that same month. We continue doing it until first week of march by knowing that dry hump would not result to pregnancy and maybe her period is too soon.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So you're saying that she hasn't gotten her period since February? Are you also saying that she's gone 3 months without a period before?

--------------------
Robin

Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there wawamekare,

At this point, your girlfriend's best bet would be to speak with a doctor about her late period. It's very unlikely that it's due to pregnancy, as Jacob and Robin have established, so now we can really only speculate why she hasn't gotten it yet.

I know it must be stressful and scary that her missing period seems to be a result of your sexual behavior, but what you were doing really doesn't produce a substantial pregnancy risk- especially since multiple HPTs have indicated a negative. [Smile]

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Hello Mr. Robin Lee,

Yes that's what happened. Can you specify the chance of being pregnant due to dry humping in numbers pls? Thank you very much.

wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

Considering also she had a wet spot on her shorts and her underwear(assuming that it's my semen)right where her vulva is located? Is that enough for her to get pregnant? What are the chances of not being pregnant?
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi wawamekare,

Please note that every volunteer here has stated that dry humping is not the reason why your girlfriend's period is late.

I believe what we've wrote to you will answer current questions.

Would you please read all of our responses to you, and then ask your questions of clarification? Thank you!

[ 05-23-2013, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Allie R ]

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wawamekare
Neophyte
Member # 107522

I'm sorry if I sounded weird because some sites are saying that it could pass through clothing and I don't know if it was based on facts or just opinion. By the way how can I assure that scarleteen is one of those reliable sites to consult on? Do you have any background or experience about teaching sex education? Because if so I would also to recommend this site to those who needs orientation about sex education. It will be a lot of help to everybody [Smile]
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been online for 15 years, wawamekare (so, yes, we have background and experience in this: we serve around five million users a year with sex education, and were one of the first sites online to do so), and you can find out all about us here: http://www.scarleteen.com/the_scarleteen_staff_volunteers

You can also determine, with us and other sites, who is and isn't credible using the tools we talk about here: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/legit_or_unfit_finding_safe_sound_sex_educators_support_online

I'm closing this topic now because we really need to be done with this discussion. We've given you all the information we can, and reassured you as much as is possible. Now it's just up to you to accept what we've said or not.

[ 05-23-2013, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.