Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » 15 year long puberty?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 15 year long puberty?!
sugar128
Activist
Member # 22524

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sugar128     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am concerned and would appreciate some help looking for some websites with info on adult unfinished puberty: I went to a new gynecologist, had a checkup and she told me that my body is at stage three out of five in development which would put me right in the middle of puberty. I look very young for my age... but I am in my late 20s so this can't possibly be the case right [Confused] ?

I had my first very light and irregular periods at 12 while having teeny breast buds but before I had any pubic hair at all (that happened at around 15), my breasts and nipples didn't really develop or grow anything until I was 20-21 (not that they are any significant size now [Roll Eyes] ), I stopped growing around the same time and gained some weight. I have found information on delayed puberty but nothing on one that started but never finished. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks [Big Grin] .

Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI sugar128,

Was your gynecologist able to give you any more information than that you were at Stage three in development? Is this something that concerns her? Is she suggesting any treatment or further investigation through tests?

I'm uncertain as to whether you're looking for sites that will give you more information or that will give you support, or both.

In terms of knowing what is going on with your body and why, your healthcare provider is probably the best person to talk to about that, as a Web site won't tell you what's happening with *your* body, only what *can* happen with people's bodies.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.