Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Discharge and Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discharge and Pregnancy?
pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi so I am aware that it is not possible to become pregnant from fingering no matter if he had some pre ejaculate on him or not. What I would like to know is if it is normal to have thicker white discharge two weeks after my period. I am very nervous as to what this could mean? also I am supposed to get my period in 13 days so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If someone could help and explain what this could be that would be great
Posts: 58 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't tell you what's normal in your own menstrual cycle: that's something only you can determine, over time, by observing your own cycles.

However, you can find out about both vaginal discharges and discharges as related to menstrual cycles with these pieces on the site here:
• Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
• On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation
• Get With the Flow: All About FAM

[ 04-21-2013, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay thank you! that helped a lot I thought the on the rag article was the most helpful in my case but from reading that article I am still confused as to what phase I would be in. I'm pretty sure I would be in the secretory phase could you please help me to identify that? and also does that happen after I released the egg?
Posts: 58 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

also I would just like to know if there is any visible thing that shows that the egg was released and that you are not pregnant?
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, there is not. An ovum cell is microscopically small: it's not something you can see with your eyes, and it's also not something that flows out when unfertilized. Unusued cells of the body, of all kinds, are generally simply reabsorbed into the bloodstream. Our bodies are natural recyclers. [Smile]

And when we ovulate, our basal temperatures and discharges will tend to be different, but again, there's nothing besides those things we can clearly see to know or be pretty sure an egg was released from the follicle, no matter what does or doesn't happen with it in regard to pregnancy.

Of course, a pregnancy is something we absolutely can detect and verify, with home pregnancy tests, clinic tests or exams and ultrasound technology.

I can't guess at what part of your cycle you may be in without knowing when your last period was, and how long your menstrual cycles (from day one of a period to day one of the next) typically are.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

My cycles are normally 27 days long if that is any help.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, knowing that, and knowing what you've read in the "on the rag" article, what does that tell you?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

That's what I do not understand
Heather
Member # 3

So, your cycles are normally around 27 days long, and your last period began on what date?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

April 6th
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. So, if your period last started on April 6th, then today you're at day 18 of your cycle.

If your cycles are normally around 27 days long, that means you're indeed going to be in your secretory phase.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

okay thank you! so then what I have is considered normal? and when should this phase end, is it when I get my next period?
Heather
Member # 3

Yep and yep.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pink35
Activist
Member # 107329

okay thank you!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.