Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HPV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HPV
graychick
Neophyte
Member # 95808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graychick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I had a colposcopy done last year (like 11 months ago) and it was clear. i also got the hybrid test (i dont know how you call it in english) and the results were negative for all strands of hpv.

Around that time, my boyfriend got a wart in his penis. Or maybe it was always there. I remember telling him, whats that?= and we didnt kew what it was, but with time it became clearly a wart. We didnt really mind about it since my tests were clear and he hasnt gotten other besides that one. And lately the wart has been growing smaller and smaller so maybe it will go away on its own . And I also read that the strands that cause warts do not cause cancer, so, whatever.

I have been with him for 2 and a half years. when the wart appeared we had been together for a year. A girl from my school who was a med student talked about hpv the other day and left me thinking.... i did some research and it said that you get the warts weeks or months after the infection. As i said, i had been with him for over a year when the wart appeared. If i infected him, then why did it take so long to appear? Or if a girl before me infected him, then its even a longer time!! i know thats the virus its supposed to be suppresed after two years of having it... my question is... does this mean he possibly cheated on me on that date? To the date, I still have no visible warts, and im getting my next pap smear in may. ... can the virus be suppresed and then you get more warts like, 4 years after the infection or something?

Posts: 15 | From: mexico | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graychick
Neophyte
Member # 95808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graychick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i also have a little grey dot around my anus. i´ve never had anal sex. it used to be soooo small that when i stretched the skin it disappeared. (im talking of over a year ago, maybe two) . as expected i dont usually check the area but the other day i noticed it was bigger..not BIG, just like the size of a little freckle the size of a perios in this typeface. does hpv ever manifest itself like that? could it be just a mole? is that a dermatology issue? :S
Posts: 15 | From: mexico | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your boyfriend hasn't had his wart looked at by a doctor, it's a good idea for him to do so just so you know what's up. Also, since you mention that you aren't sure if it appeared right when you noticed it or if it had been around before then and you just hadn't seen it, it's possible that it was around longer. It certainly sounds like something he should have a doctor check out, for his sake and yours, so that it can pass out of the realm of mystery. My understanding is that a few weeks to a few months is the average incubation period, but that it can take longer for warts to show up.

Since you have a doctor's appointment coming up soon, you can mention the freckle/dot near your anus then; if it isn't wartlike in texture it is probably nothing to worry about, but your doctor would be able to let you know if it's something you should see a dermatologist about.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graychick
Neophyte
Member # 95808

he was going to see a doctor about it but it seems to be getting smaller :S anyway...thanks!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.