Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » advice for partner who's a virgin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: advice for partner who's a virgin?
Wolverine22
Activist
Member # 95968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

Last week, I had sex with a guy who was a virgin. When I first entered his body, it hurt him so bad he was almost in tears, and so we scrapped anal sex and did oral instead, and that was fun, but I digress.

Even though we used plenty of lube, it still hurt him that bad! How can I make it less painful for my partner? I don't want to hurt him, and it was a mutual decision to at least try it.

Posts: 40 | From: I've lived all over the USA, but I hold true to my Michigan roots | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume anal sex is something he wanted to do?

Am I also presuming correctly that, from the sounds of things, you didn't first try more gentle, gradual anal play like with one small, gloved finger, and see if that was something that actually felt good for him, before moving on to something much larger like a penis?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolverine22
Activist
Member # 95968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was all for anal sex at first, and he started fingering himself, and I fingered him with one finger and he said it was okay, so I went ahead and penetrated him and he started screaming in pain so I stopped immediately. That's why I was confused and I was a bit hesitant to put that part out there because I didn't want to be too graphic/raunchy.
Posts: 40 | From: I've lived all over the USA, but I hold true to my Michigan roots | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay.

So, first up, this likely has little to nothing with not having engaged in anal sex before with anyone. It's not like having done it before, after all, changes anything about anyone's anus or rectum (it doesn't), or makes someone like anal sex of some kind who might not, or makes first-time partners with a given sexual activity magically know how to work their bodies together. [Smile]

When you were using your finger, was it MORE than okay? Like, did he super-duper like it? If not, then moving forward with your penis usually won't ever be the way to go.

As well, one finger to a penis may seem gradual, but it's really not: that's a pretty big change in width, even if for someone who's got big fingers and a smaller penis. Instead if one finger feels awesome, then we can see if two do. If two feel great, then three. And if three do, THEN you're probably getting to the point where a penis might feel good, too.

Too, this often isn't stuff to do all in one day or at one time, especially when you're with a new partner and that partner also doesn't have a sense from any previous partners of what they generally have and haven't enjoyed. I'd say a better approach is to stick with a finger or two for that day, then if that was awesome for everyone, the next time you're together and getting sexual try that again, and if it feels awesome again, then that third finger, etc.

Catch my drift?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(Btw, it's okay to be candid. It's not raunchy to talk honestly about sex here, I promise.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.