Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » FREAKING OUT!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FREAKING OUT!
guptakaran159
Neophyte
Member # 107300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guptakaran159     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I'm from India and we do not really have any sex ed here in our schools. I'm really freaking out since the past one week. I masturbated and accidentally had got some semen on my hand.I had washed my hands with water but no soap. And later on when i held my girlfriends hand (say after 6 hours) can the sperm transfer from my hand to her hand? She fingered herself later on(after about 10 hours). So is there any chance of her getting pregnant from the sperm which transferred to her hands? Please reply soon as i'm really nervous and i have no knowledge regarding this. Sorry if you find this stupid.
Posts: 3 | From: India | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen, gupta.

First, take a deep breath. Try to dial the anxiety down a notch, okay? There is no reason to be freaking out, and we'll help you figure out why.

I'll start by linking you to this thread, which sums up all the information you need to find out why you have nothing to worry about:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027495.html

Once you've read that, we'll be happy to answer any further questions you may have.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guptakaran159
Neophyte
Member # 107300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guptakaran159     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Joey! So what I have understood is that when the semen dries, sperm loses it's ability to fertilize an egg. Is that right?
And is there any chance of my girlfriend getting pregnant from what i just described. I read the articles but still i need some sort of satisfaction.

Posts: 3 | From: India | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guptakaran159,

Perhaps you might want to try this article that I wrote and put up on the website not too long ago.

Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells

Hopefully it will help answer any more questions that you might have, and quell any more fears present. [Smile]

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 233 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.