Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I need some reassurance. Please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need some reassurance. Please.
dancingjust123
Neophyte
Member # 107242

Icon 4 posted      Profile for dancingjust123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read many of the topics on here, and on other website searchers, but I feel like I keep getting different answers and I'm really getting stressed out.
I'm 17 years old, and I have a boyfriend of three months. No, we have not had sex, and I do not plan on that for a really long time. He has fingered me multiple times since my last period, and now my period is nine days late. I do not believe he touched himself before doing it, but for all I know, he could have done it earlier before I was with him.
I'm scared of being pregnant and I'm really, really worrying.
I've been a little on the moody side since last night, and I've had some cramping and a really bad headache today. I don't normally have many pms symptoms, and I rarely get headaches, but is that was that is?
I also take St. John's Wort vitamins, which I know can interfere with birth control (which I'm not on) by changing hormonal stuff. I usually have a pretty regular 28 day cycle, so being late is scaring me. I'm usually a pretty stressed out person, but I guess I have has some more stressful moments over the past month. Plus, I started taking the St. John's Wort after my last period. I'm tempted to get a pregnancy test, but I really don't want to go through. I would really appreciate some advice on what's going on with me. Thank you so much! I did try to read all the other boards about this kind of stuff, but none was really comparable to my current situation. I'm also wondering if how much I'm stressing out about this is causing my period to be even later.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile]

Have you read through this post and the links in it yet? http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/028349.html

If not, start there, and if there's anything you're not clear on, come on back.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dancingjust123
Neophyte
Member # 107242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dancingjust123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've actually read through the "Pregnancy Scared?" one multiple times. & by the looks of it, I don't think I am pregnant. But I am still stressing out about the possibility, so I was seeking a more individualized answer, just to help ease this worry, or bring more worry, whatever is necessary.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is, the answer you'll get from us isn't going to be any different from the answer you got from the article, because the things that lead to pregnancy don't vary from person to person. So this section of the Pregnancy Scared? article "Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where someone (or everyone) had clothes on and/or no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present pregnancy risks, though some present risks of STIs." applies just the same to you as it does to anyone else. So your reasoning based on the articles that you're not pregnant is right on the money. Does that make sense?

If you need a way to help ease your stress, a pregnancy test can be a good thing to do: often seeing that negative result can be very helpful. Taking a look at the other reasons why a period can be late might help you out as well: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dancingjust123
Neophyte
Member # 107242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dancingjust123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, I did read that a few times before posting this, so I'm sorry for re-asking. I just needed to be reassured a little. But thank you for the help, I truly appreciate it, and I will go check out that article now.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

It's totally okay - everyone needs to be reassured every so often. We just want users to be able to evaluate their own levels of risk and trust that judgment, because being able to do that is a lot more useful in the long run. [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.