Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Discharge :O

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discharge :O
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, the past few days my discharge has been... Different. Especially this morning when I woke up. I had very thick jelly-like discharge that had red flecks. I'm nowhere near my inactive pills, either. I am quite worried about it. I have taken my pills every day, and the past two days have been 2 hours late. Also, I've been under immense stress for about a week. Is this something that could be caused by pills/stress?

Anything would help. Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just went to the bathroom again, and it's normal thickness but brown/reddish pink :/
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, thanks for using Scarleteen!

Based on what you've provided us here, I can't say that I can provide a sound determination of what is exactly going on due to insufficient information. I can only say that, based on experience, that the discharge you are describing sounds like something that occurs during ovulation for me, but I am not on the pill, and am not familiar with the effects of being on it.

Are you in pain? The red/brown/reddish pink coloration on the discharge sounds like blood, but it could also simply be a chemical reaction of the pill with the body, e.g. kind of like how some antibiotic pills might cause one's stool and/or urine to appear green or yellow, or bright green.

Have you done any research on the pill you're on, and the possible side effects on your body it might have? Unfortunately, Scarleteen is a little short staffed at the moment, and the volunteer(s) who might know the answer aren't here, but I'd like to help you out the best I can with what I have to offer. If anything, a quick call to the doctor's office or the health care provider who prescribed you the pills should clear up any concerns and/or misunderstandings you might have.

I hope this helps. [Smile]

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Thank you very much for being so nice and helpful. I'm not in pain, but I've had a little itching (I think it's from sitting in the tub with too much soap). Spotting is a side effect of my pill. It's a combination pill. I took it three hours late yesterday, so I guess that could be a possibility.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spotting is definitely a possibility, especially since you're on the pill, and it can happen even if you take it at exactly the same time every day. Stress can also sometimes cause spotting.

Unless you're in pain or discomfort, I wouldn't say there's any cause for concern, but as Patricia said, it never hurts to put a call in to your healthcare provider for their opinion.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Okay. Thank you [Smile] I'm not in pain, but I've had some itching. I think that could possibly be soap and maybe heat rash? Idk.

I know there's no way to tell, but it is a very small chance of having and sti if my fiancé has never done anything with anyone else, and neither have I. Right? You never know, but it's not typical?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you two already get regularly tested? If not, that's the answer, symptoms or no symptoms, especially if you're engaging in any oral, vaginal or anal sex without using barriers for STI risk reduction.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.