Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Should I be concerned?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I be concerned?
aarthi
Neophyte
Member # 48761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aarthi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scarleteen,

This is not a routine pregnancy question...its just a small rather concern I have and I want to know whether this is something that needs to be looked into....

Well, my husband and I, let me put it this way....its not that we are trying desperately for a baby...but we are also okay if it happens....And I know for pregnancy to happen, it is impt that the man ejaculates inside the vagina.....Yes, pre ejaculation I know causes pregnancy too but there have been articles even in your website that if the man has previously urinated there are very less chances that pre ejaculate can cause a pregnancy...

For ex. yesterday....We had a little bit of foreplay and both of us were excited at the same time...thats all well....And then we had intercourse...I achieved an orgasm....a really good one in probably minutes.....This orgasm lets say lasted 15-20 secs.....and then he pulled out.....and he was still excited and still had an erect.....you know what I mean....

He told me his ***** was still dry and so he said no ejaculation has gone into me.....I was not so sure but when he then actually excited himself and ejaculated and his ***** was covered with liquid that I realized thats when he actually ejaculated...but all this ejaculation happened outside because since I had already achieved an orgasm I had no more pleasure in him being inside me....

This situation I know actually has not a zero pregnancy possibility but its still minimal considering that the enire "ejaculation" happened outside...and he having urinated before actually lowers the chances even more...

But what I am asking is...is this normal? or is it something to worry abt? The fact that I reach orgasm fairly quick but his excitment lasts longer...and after an orgasm I don't feel the same pleasure in him still being inside me...

Is this a problem with him? or me? or its just a passing one in a while situation

thanks a lot for ur help

Posts: 30 | From: Germany | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long it takes someone to orgasm (or whether one orgasms at all) with any given sexual encounter varies a lot from person to person and from situation to situation.

So, no: there is nothing at all wierd about you climaxing before your partner.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aarthi
Neophyte
Member # 48761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aarthi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I agree but won't this dent my chances of getting pregnant when I really want to get pregnant? Because from what I read it is very IMPORTANT that ejaculation takes place for pregnancy to occur
Posts: 30 | From: Germany | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record, as we make clear in the user agreement you agreed to when registering for the boards, trying to conceive is actually one of the areas we don't serve here.

That said, I don't hear you reporting that your partner has had a long pattern of being unable to ejaculate. In fact, I don't even hear that it was an issue this once: I just hear that this particular time, he didn't ejaculate during intercourse, but did afterwards. I also hear you reached orgasm more quickly than he did this time.

None of this suggests any kind of problem with him, nor you, not does it suggest you'll somehow have issues if and when you two are trying to conceive.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68232 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.